T-Mobile "Network Pass" 3 month free trial

As part of the 3-month trial, you get access to T-Mobile Tuesdays. Today's promotion is $160 off a set of 4 Goodyear or Kelly tires plus a $25 mail in rebate.

I priced a set of 4 for my car and it came to an out-the-door price of $452, which is REALLY good.

Worth checking out if you have TMO and need tires.

As of yesterday AT&T is now officially doing 30 day trials. eSIM only, fruit phone only currently, Android eligibility coming next year.

AT&T was just awarded the 4.9 GHz midband spectrum for FirstNet, once the buildout on that gets going as long as whatever flagship Pixel phone is out then supports it, I'm probably going to say bye-bye to T-Mobile as long as I can qualify for a personal line. That solves my mobile data problem. With T-Mobile's terrible and buggy offering of mobile hotspots, my only option for a data only line for travel and away from home use would be a CradlePoint, Peplink or similar WWAN router, which apparently you need a business account to use a real networking device instead of one of their gimped gateways.

With the higher tower density of AT&T, I'm hoping the shorter range of 4.9 GHz isn't an issue.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
These days I either have 5G UC or no coverage at all. The 5G UC marketing is now more meaningless than it was before since as of earlier this year it now incorporates n25 + whatever magical bonding, instead of it just being the simple concept of 5G UC = n41. Here's some 5G UC goodness near the TN/AL border from yesterday, about 10 - 15 minutes outside of South Pittsburgh.

1500 miles into this road trip and T-Mobile's coverage is about what I expected. Great on the interstates, 1+ Gbps in major metro areas and completely non existant on the backroads of Kentucky, Tennessee and the S. Tenessee/N. Alamaba/N. Gerogia tristate area once you are away from Chattanooga.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241022-110226.png
    Screenshot_20241022-110226.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 5
Once my TMO trial ends, I'll be primarily using my $25/mo plan from Total (Verizon). I'll also have a 2GB for $10/mo plan from TMO on my 2nd esim as a backup. One added benefit is acess to T-Mobile Tuesdays. So, both networks for $35 a month. The Total Wireless plan has unlimited priority data, so I doubt I'll be using the TMO plan much, but it's nice to have it for certain occasions. I believe it also gives access to WIFI on major airlines.

Are you planning to upgrade to the iPhone 16