T-Mobile/HTC MyTouch Slide

The Insider

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
The Swamp
Looking at getting a new phone thinking of this one. Anyone play with it yet it was just released but I know some of you nerds get stuff pretty quick.

Seems to be the best replacement for the G1 that tmobile has released to date. With a nice QWERTY /key board. The only thing I dont like is on the G1 the number keys had their own row.. So the keyboard seems abit smaller.

Decided today to get the HTC MyTouch Slide, and boy am I NOT disappointed.

First off I have had the G1 since release and loved that phone. I lost it and cant find it so was forced to find a replacement (as I was not going to pay full price for a outdated phone)

I loved the G1 the keyboard was perfect! So I decided to go with hte mytouch slide because the keyboard was similar to that of the G1. Keys are big and easy to get to. One gripe on the G1 I had a dedicated row for the "number" keys, on the Slide they share space with the QWERTY keys. No big deal except the numbers are not a different color or smaller text, so looking at the keyboard they are identical shape/size/color as the letters so they blend in. Really causes a problem because the O and 0 . Get confusing not knowing if your hitting Zero or O. Other then that I love it.

The Screen resolution is great (light years ahead of the G1) The speed of the phone (running a heavily modified Android 2.1) is perfect, apps load, download install etc etc extremely fast. Web Browsing is at least 4x faster with this phone if not more compared to my beloved G1.

It also came with an 8GB card vs the 2GB card with the G1.

Another benefit is the 3.5mm jack for audio. Man I missed having that.

All and All the phone is certainly no super-smart phone. Its a mid range phone and its great at what it does.

Id give it at least a 8/10.

It would of got a 10/10 if the keyboard had a dedicated number key row, a 1ghz processor and 1gb ram / rom

iPhone support call

iPhone case

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts