Switching to Direct but keeping basic......

thisisrybo

Original poster
Dec 9, 2007
I am going to Direct very soon but I want to keep my basic channels because my high speed internet will actually be cheaper if I keep it (so I figured why not) . I will NOT get my locals in hd via DIRECT. Actually it doesn't look like I will anytime soon either!!:mad: I have always been able to use my digital QAM tuner in my tv to get HD channels since I've had Comcast (Although I've always used my HD-DVR). Since I'm keeping basic cable, will I still be able to get these channels in HD or will my signal be downgraded or does it matter?? The reason I ask is because I hope to get my local channels in HD through COMCAST (even though I can't use them with DVR) via the qam tuner and the rest with direct. Will the signal I get when I drop all of my HD stuff from comcast be different or still the same?? Is anyone else doing this???

I hope this makes since!!

Please help, because there will be no way to find out unless I do it, or ask!!

Thanks a bunch!:):)

Well, I did the same thing. At first, I got all the locals in HD. After a while, some of them disappeared. I don't know why, but I rechecked them about three months ago, and the only one I was missing was FOX. I've heard others complaining about this too.

BHN vs FiOS

True/Magnetic north

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts