Switch not working?Could be receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

southofi-10

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 17, 2010
South Louisiana
I know I'm getting signal at my cable.I hook them direct and get signal/quality.
Where I try using a switch,I get no signal,or only signal on one port.
Is my receiver cooked?
I'm using a coolsat 6000.Changed the switch several times.
Took a close lightning strike just last Sunday that took out several lnbs and my tv.
Got everything replaced and working.my system in the LR works fine using a openbox9

If receiver seems to be working ok, I'd say your switch is fried, or at least most of the ports!
edit to add: It IS possible to have more than one bad diseqc switch, I've run into that before.
You might test the receiver out in the other one's place to make sure it is alright.

Last edited:
...hrmmm.... I thought Iceberg posted into this thread to be careful and power-down the receiver whenever changing switches, or even LNBs.

But going by what you said, the receiver could have lost the ability to put out the 22khz diseqc signal during the strike.
Or it could have lost knowledge to select different ports. (try reprogramming it)
Normally, I'd vote for a bad switch, though.
As suggested above, put your good receiver into the place of the Coolsat 6000, and see if it can switch between your LNBs.
... or put the CS 6000 over on the switch you use with your other receiver... see if the CS can command anything...

Once you narrow it to the receiver or switch, you can proceed.
Of course, don't ignore the fact you may have lost an LNBF or two, too. (oh, I think you covered that point)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Offset to center conversion

Fortec Star Mercury II issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)