SWiM LNB = no b-band convertor?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PMKS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 7, 2005
South Texas
Buddy took a H21-100 camping with his RV. He had a Slimeline Dish with a SWiM SL5 he picked up from somewhere.

He ran one wire directly from the LNB to the receiver, receiver detected the SWiM LNB, and everything worked ok, but he had a message in the set-up page when he checked his signal strength that said to remove any B-Band Convertors, which he did. He didn't see any change, all the HD channels were ok, why is this?

That is just a message telling you to remove B-Band converters if there are any installed. If none are present, just ignore it. The converters are not needed with a SWiM setup.

Make sure when using a SWiM setup to install the power inserter. If you don't, the receiver will supply the power to the lnb, but it doesn't have large enough power supplies to work correctly. You will likely damage the receiver.

Make sure when using a SWiM setup to install the power inserter. If you don't, the receiver will supply the power to the lnb, but it doesn't have large enough power supplies to work correctly. You will likely damage the receiver.

^
Thats one reason I asked the question, he doesn't have the SWiM power supply, just the LNB with one receiver, I though I had read previously that it was ok do do this with just one receiver. Thanks for the information, I'll pass it on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SWM splitter question

Nomad Updates: Mac & iOS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)