Swim, Deca, and receiver swap

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jq27hhh

Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
United States
Hello. I am new to the forums, but have been a visitor for a while. Now I am a pub member. This seems like the place to get the answers. My dilemma...

I have an HR23 receiver in my living room that had 2 coax cables connected for DVR. It was connected directly to my router for internet connectivity. I just upgraded the bedroom receiver to an HD DVR and was given the HR24. I also upgraded to the whole home DVR service and the Swim setup. The installer took the 2 lines from the HR23 and connected one to a DECABB1MR0-01 Broadband Adapter and the other line to a DECA1MR0-01 Connected Home Adapter and then that connected to the HR23. Everything works great. Both are connected and see each others recorded programs.

I am looking to switch the 2 of these, mainly because the HR24 is a bit faster and I use the living tv more. I believe that the HR24 has DECA built in. If I were to switch these, would I not use the DECA boxes at all? Currently, the bedroom HR24 is connected without ethernet and still has internet connectivity for DirecTv Cinema. If I do switch them, would the HR23 work in the bedroom the same way, meaning without an ethernet connection and still receive DirecTv Cinema?

I thank anyone for the help in advance. And keep this site going!

Jeff Q

If i follow you correctly the deca needs to stay with the hr23 and all you need to do is swap the receivers around and all should operate the same.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Help! Can't figure out SWM!

My SWM setup/HR34

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)