SuperDish Output

TerryK

Supporting Founder
Original poster
May 17, 2004
Wichita Falls, TX
I have not been able to find out exactly what and how many outputs are on a superdish. I need four inputs to receivers, 921, 508 and a 510. It seems that I might need a DPP44 since I am also going to install a second dish for 61.5. Does this sound about right? Dish is taking away my distant locals in less than two weeks, I guess the grandfather clause did not get passed with the other SHIVA(?) bill. So I will get Dish to install a SuperDish for free to get my locals. Thanks in advance for your help!

I think that sounds right. Each LNB on a SuperDish has one output (for 3 total) that typically goes to a DP34 switch. With four receivers you would max out the switch. But since you also need a fourth LNB, 61.5, you would need the DPP44 as far as I know, unless some other switches can be used/combined.

Thanks for the info. I suspected that was the case but could not find any tech info. Guess I could have called Claude at Dishstore.Net. :)

Well, it's also possible to use DP21 switches.

Connect port #1 to the output side of the DP34 and #2 to the 61.5

However, the DPP44 has other advantages - such as being able to use a DPP Separator for the 921, thereby leaving an extra output port for a fourth receiver.

how to merge OTA with my SW21?

Locals 2nd dish installed today-issues?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)