SuperDish 105 Problems

darkhorse85

Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
Nebraska
Hi guys. I'm brand new to the board and admittedly I don't know much about satellite systems. Recently some friend and I decided to give it a go this year for a satellite system and TV setup at a tailgate. I picked up an old Superdish that my parents had on their house that they kept around after they got a new one. They didn't know anything about it but said I could sure try it out. Yesterday we were giving the setup a dry run at my house and we could not find a signal to save our life. I want to say that I think I know what the problem is but I can't be sure so that's why I came here to ask. With Superdish do you need all three LNBs for it to work and find a signal? The two on the arm are still there but the one that would extend off to the side is missing. Is this my problem? Should I just get a new dish? If I haven't provided enough info and need to be more clear about something please just let me know. Thanks for reading and thanks for you help!

Bottom line: you need something else.

Superdish 105 had 105 in the middle, 110 and 119 on the side. Plus they need a switch to connect them all together between the dish and receiver. DP33, DPP44 or similar.

Great. That's what I figured. I thought getting a free dish a trying that out first was better than buying one first. Thanks for the advice. i appreciate it.

That dish with 105 LNBF in the middle might come in handy, if you decide to venture into the world of FTA. See separate subforum here.

Hopper/ VIP 211k question

Blackout on MLB channel - why?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)