SuperBowl Sunday

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thespiderman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 11, 2004
Last year I was able to watch a wild feed of the superbowl. I was able to watch them setup their feeds before the superbowl came on.
I don't remember which sat. it was on.

Does anyone know which satellite it might be on this year?

It's those feeds free to air? Because I watched them last year and I don't have a hacked reciever. I have cable.

i found a superbowl feed last year on cband analog, hopefully i can do the same this year.

Don't know of any wild feeds for the Super Bowl,but KLTV tower came down in Tyler,TX this morning.They are an ABC affiliate and they are now on one of the birds in the clear.Do a few scans and you will find it.

It's those feeds free to air? Because I watched them last year and I don't have a hacked reciever. I have cable.

As PSB said feeds should not be posted in open areas. Doing so may result in there not being any feeds or in those feeds being encrypted. That's the reason feeds are a sensitive subject.

Anyway, as to whether or not there will be feeds, who knows. Maybe or maybe not. Also even if there are feeds they may be encrypted or be in a format that can't be recieved by a common ordinary FTA reciever.

Best thing to do is blind-scan the known news-carrying satellites about half an hour before the game. You're sure to find something.

Superbowl

Tron said:
Best thing to do is blind-scan the known news-carrying satellites about half an hour before the game. You're sure to find something.

well, after looking around on C band and FTA for the game, I decided to try something really stupid...I tried my OTA (Reno, NV) receiver on the HDTV.

Amazing, Local ABC, who has terrible digital broadcasting here. actually had a BEAUTIFUL HD transmission of the Game. I forgot I had put up a powered Terk Antenna in the attic just in case!
Jeff

I watched the game on Ku after a blind scan :) Could have watched it OTA on my ABC affiliate as well, but I liked the idea of putting my dish to work.

I agree...but

Tron said:
I watched the game on Ku after a blind scan :) Could have watched it OTA on my ABC affiliate as well, but I liked the idea of putting my dish to work.

There is something about Sports/Nature programming that just says HD on a nice plazma set!:D

regards
jeff

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fta Hd

Pansat 3500SD no signal lock ku

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)