Super Sat Buddy Not Working With SWM5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Skyhighdish.com

Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
Rochester New York
I just started installing dtv after 10 years of Dish. Why cant I get signal strngths on any sats except 101 and 119. Im in NY and have no idea what the transponders thresholds are supposed be except over 85. But that doesnt help me when Im at the dish. I can peg 101 but 99 and 103 will be off a little. So then I have to go old school and be on the phone with the customer! Not good. I would hate to think I have 2 $700 meters that wont do DTV. Please help

I just started installing dtv after 10 years of Dish. Why cant I get signal strngths on any sats except 101 and 119. Im in NY and have no idea what the transponders thresholds are supposed be except over 85. But that doesnt help me when Im at the dish. I can peg 101 but 99 and 103 will be off a little. So then I have to go old school and be on the phone with the customer! Not good. I would hate to think I have 2 $700 meters that wont do DTV. Please help

Do the meters you are using support the 99 and 103 Sats, this unit recvrs the KA and KU Sats, does your meter do both or just one or the other.

Also the SWM set ups require 21volts to power the LNB.

It says it does both. 101 is no problem again but 99 and 103 when I pick swm5 in the meter it lets me scroll through all the sats just will only give me dbs not signal strength

It says it does both. 101 is no problem again but 99 and 103 when I pick swm5 in the meter it lets me scroll through all the sats just will only give me dbs not signal strength

Don't know, I've never used a meter for set ups.
Nail the 101, make sure the Elevation and Tilt are correct and Dither.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Some D* installers in Florida are doing a bad job

Erase Latent Memory

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)