Stupid Question but I need the experts to tell me so

rexlan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
I'm going on a trip and renting a house in Florida for a month. The house has Direct TV (low end) and I have Dish everything. I want to take my receiver so I can watch my recordings and I'd like to use teh receiver as well.

Question is: Will my receiver work by just connecting the coax up? I think they both look at 110 and 119 but not sure.

I can not move their dish of course or install mine ... so options??

Thanks for you patience!

Too old to "sling" ... can barely walk! :D

OK ... thanks folks ... figured as much but wanted to get it right the first time.

Why don't you put a Dish 500 on a 5 ft. tripod like RV'ers use, and take that? Just place it in the yard, aim it at the sats, and lay some sandbags on it just in case of wind. That'll pick up both 110 and 119, and should work fine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Satellite-Tripo...310?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51966bf08e

Or, maybe you can scrounge your own, Radio Shack, etc. Dish 500 dishes are thrown away every day, so you should be able to find one.

alot of Directv setups (SD only) aim just at 101 so unless you're going to reaim that dish to 119 it wont work

Also the Phase III (101/110/119) dishes the 110 & 119 LNB's are set up differently. The 110 LNB is a special one that takes the 3 TP's Directv owns (28,30,32) and coverts them to TP8,10,12 and combines them with the 119 LNB.

Estimate monthly bill for Dish America w/ 722?

Connecting to 722 with wireless tethered phone for Internet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)