Stupid 301 keeps losing signal

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Need some help guys

At my dad's lake house and we have a 301 here. I'm trying to watch a highly educational program (ok...its Playboy):) but the stupid receiver keeps getting the "signal been lost". I thought there was an issue with the new software, but I dont remember

info on reciver
software P204
signals are around 100
Aitkin, MN 56431
partly cloudy
DP Twin

Happens on all TP's, including spotbeams (which I get 125)

Yes, there's RG6 all to it. Nobody's been here in 2 weeks, and before that we never had a problem. Yes I did the hard reset, too. Checked all cables...the stuff I keep telling people to do when they have issues :)

Is it a software bug?

I am guessing that it is the 301-13 that does not have the bad software in it. Does the message stay on the screen stating that the signal has been lost or does it pop up every so often? Are the channels in red or are they in white on the EPG? The problem may be in the receiver, switch, wiring/connection, lnbf, or if it is a signal then the dish may need adjusted or moved if a tree or branch from a tree grew in the way.

If you could get another receiver to hook up where your current 301 is at then you could see if it is the 301 giving you issues or not.

The mesasage pops up for a couple seconds and then disappears
the channels are grey

I don't know, I guess spewing obscenities at the TV works, because it worked the rest of the weekend :)

Hey Iceberg, since I received p204 on my 301's I have periodic freezing of the picture,pixelization and lost signal errors. Prior to p204 my 301's were flawless. Periodically lose caller id as well. Conducting a hard reboot,soft reboot or pulling the smart card should fix the problem for about a day or two. Sounds like program data leakage. I am currently replacing two of my 301's with 510's. I hope they don't have the same problems.

Byrd
I dont have a 301 at my house (just a 508), so this was new to me.

Like I say, about an hour after my initial post, it stopped doing that and worked the rest of the weekend (including an 8 hr recording of VH1Classic)

Dont use the CID feature on the receiver (for obvious reasons...we barely have phone service at the lake house, much less caller ID...when I dialed it, it was at a whopping 14.4 :)

can the 510 receive OTA channels ?

Anyone else having sound dropout?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)