Still struggling for G10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Unckle_Fun_Knuckles

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 9, 2005
Hey folks,
I had the system up and running, pulled in Amc 3,4,5,9, IA5 and a few more but COULD NOT pull in G10, so I decided to take the hh100 off and just try to pull in the one sat G10, just like a stationary setup.
I finally pulled a bird in, but I don't think it's G10, the only FTA channel I get is channel 7000 and it says "You are pointed at 105 W" with cheesy music.

I take that to mean I'm not not at 123 =) Is that correct?

I have spent 3 days in the june sun, being eatten by bugs trying to pull G10 in. Do I need w-e adjustment or tweak the skew or what??

Any help would be great.
Thanks

You are on AMC-2/15 @ 105w so you have to move your dish 18 deg. to the West, thats to the right from behind the dish!

The LNBF will need skewed since you are not using the motor for now.

Mark the pole with a pen and you will be able to get back to this point/AZ. again.

Sounds like you have the declination wrong on your motor, but pull it in first with just the dish because it will tell you about where it should be pointed on the motor.

Wholeshoe

cool
can somebody hit me with a live G10 Tp? I need one that is so strong its knockin on the door =)

(man u guys with working systems must be zen MASTERS!!)h

Getting 90% Quality on The research channel.org.....

DFreq :11805 MHz(H) SR : 4.580 Msps

Then right over to The Tube

DFreq : 11720(V) SR : 27:691 Msps (70% Quality)

Unckle_Fun_Knuckles said:
cool

hee hee thats funny

Dont worry....I think all of us have had at one time the same issue. I had that recently when I was motorizing a 36" dish...only to have everything west of 93 blocked by the other dishes I have set up :D

I can receive
12114 V 4444
with an 18" dish rigged with a standard LNBF.
I find that going to 121 W then going to the right until you loose signal for 121 should get you to 123

Good luck!

Unckle_Fun_Knuckles said:
cool
can somebody hit me with a live G10 Tp? I need one that is so strong its knockin on the door =)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Why are some channels in B&W and stretched?

LyngSat Atlantic Ocean Satellites

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts