Starz / Cinemax HD

dfergie said:
Starz HD was shown as coming up in the last Charlie Chat, Hopefully soon...

I read somewhere here on the forum Dish has no plans to offer Starz and Max in HD. The graphics for Starz and Max HD just happen to be in a commercial or video clip from CES and not removed by Dish before airing on the C. Chat..

We saw the Starz HD in a commercial clip from CES.

We saw it again on the Jan Charlie Chat.

And we saw it again on the pre-released Dish HD web page.

Doesn't sound like an accident.

Tom Bombadil said:
We saw the Starz HD in a commercial clip from CES.

We saw it again on the Jan Charlie Chat.

And we saw it again on the pre-released Dish HD web page.

Doesn't sound like an accident.

I also heard it from a tech at dish who initially thought it would be Feb 1st then on another call I asked again about it and was told no longer Feb 1st, but hopefully soon after the olympics.

When I upgraded to my metal pack, the Tech rep also mentioned that Starz HD was due soon. I assumed that meant after the Olympics, or possibly even after the Superbowl. Looks promising though!

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
I heard from someone at the executive office that NGeoHD, Starz HD were in the works. As for Skinemax...lol we'll have to wait and see

Cinemax HD is coming, it was mentioned during the chat.

Give me Starz

I currently do not subscribe to any movie packs as I watch more DVD's. BUT if I could get movies like Kill Bill and Sin City in HD then that would be a different story. Sign me up for Starz when it is in HD.

Starz HD is by far the worst of all the premium HD channels. Next to none of the movies are OAR and the vast majority are upconverts not real HD.

It would be an absolute waste of bandwidth....

Sarang said:
Cinemax HD is coming, it was mentioned during the chat.

I don't rememver that at all. Care to post some info to back it up? I remember Starz and I remember seeing the starz logo. The starz logo, not the cinemax logo was on the dishhd website before it was launched.

I posted this in the pub area a while ago asking what people knew and what i had heard. I also posted my follow up I had a few weeks later and got some more info where they said not on Feb 1st, but "hopefully soon after". They never mentioned cinemax. but I would welcome it.

SatinKzo said:
I don't rememver that at all. Care to post some info to back it up? I remember Starz and I remember seeing the starz logo. The starz logo, not the cinemax logo was on the dishhd website before it was launched.

I posted this in the pub area a while ago asking what people knew and what i had heard. I also posted my follow up I had a few weeks later and got some more info where they said not on Feb 1st, but "hopefully soon after". They never mentioned cinemax. but I would welcome it.

I remember Jim saying it in the chat. He said Starz and Cinemax HD though he didn't exactly say Cinemax loud either.

What new programming "metal" package will i need?

My install--Murphy's Law!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)