Status
Please reply by conversation.

chapelrun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Berryville, VA
I started putting together my Man Cave today up in the hayloft of the barn.

Had to move a lot of dishes before I could start - - after that setup an old tube TV with Rabbit ears and a converter box and got 7 channels.

Put slats up on the inside to try to keep the wind out. Trying to do this entire thing without spending any money - just using things I find on the farm.

Wife was happy as it kept me out of the house most of the day. :D

suggestions welcome

Stack bales of straw or hay around the perimeter of the man cave to keep the wind out! Hopefully you have square bales and not round ones. ;)

Stack bales of straw or hay around the perimeter of the man cave to keep the wind out! Hopefully you have square bales and not round ones. ;)

I wish I still had some straw bales - - - we used to a lot but most folks don't use straw for bedding anymore. When I was just a kid the barn was always half full of hay and the other half was straw.

They were thinking of outlawing those round bales - - - - - said the animals were not getting a 'square' meal. :)

Last edited:
They we thinking of outlawing those round bales - - - - - said the animals were not getting a 'square' meal. :)

Hay! That is funny! :D

Years ago we used to raise oats for rotation and plow the stuble under with a growth of clover. Then someone started buyng the straw for cattle and we quit raising oats. Well nowadays there are a lot of pretty gals with horses in the area that need straw! Strawberry growers use it for mulch too. And on the other side of Erie there is a horsey racetrack that is also looking for straw all the time. Several years ago a freind of mine baled his straw up in round bales and some clown lit about 20 of them on fire! I think it was a local fireman that did it! :eek:

Man Cave Update

Well I got some time today to work on the Man Cave.

I got an Antenna which is really for UHF range above TV but since it was free i thought I would try it. It got a total of 17 stations including 4 from Harrisonburg VA which as FOX, ABC and a few other sub-stations.

My daughter said she had a LAVA lamp to donate to the "Man Cave" but she said she had to find it in her closet.

I thinking about walls but may not do that just in case i ever want to put hay and straw in the hayloft (which really is what a hayloft is for).

A few PIX.

Attachments

• ManCave-TV.jpg
    ManCave-TV.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 201
  • Antenna-SideView.jpg
    Antenna-SideView.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 192
  • Antenna-View.jpg
    Antenna-View.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 221
I don't see the kegerator. Its not a real man cave if it doesn't have a kegerator. ;)

post-21957-1332154936_thumb.jpgpost-21957-1332154828_thumb.jpgpost-21957-1332155653_thumb.jpg

like that one? I just finished it in December. it will do 3 homebrew kegs or 1 big commercial keg. It will actually do 4 homebrew kegs but I only have 3 taps mounted. I got Amber, Dark and Root Beer

----------------------------------------------------

Say Nay to the lava lamp. Fire hazard

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Can I use existing dish?

Sonicview 360 premier channel sort

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)