starband dish mod

Status
Please reply by conversation.

the_man_one

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 22, 2006
if anyone is interested here is a mod (new dish i picked up today its a channel master 84e i think [primestar]) i will try to put up soon... im not so good with pics so i hope these come out in the order i posted em... number1 shows the untouched starband lnb & arm... 2 & 3 shows the fss lnb disassembled... number 4 shows the factory lnb removed... 5 shows the fss attached to the arm... 6 shows the finished assembly

Attachments

• number1.JPG
    number1.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 207
  • number2.JPG
    number2.JPG
    757.3 KB · Views: 198
  • number3.JPG
    number3.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 220
  • number4.JPG
    number4.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 218
  • number5.JPG
    number5.JPG
    700.4 KB · Views: 179
  • finished.JPG
    finished.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 213
That is interesting. Did the feed flange just happen to fit under the screw heads, or did you do some filing or machining?
Do you have it in service? How does it work?

it fit with no poblems, gets dark around 5 i get in around 430 so it will be tomorow b4 it goes in service or friday when im off

also this dish skews so im thiking about mounting multiple lnbs on it (warmer time)

The Dish FSS LNBs are great for the commercial dishes since they use a common C-120 flange and fit right on. Be sure to keep the red rubber O-ring that should be in place between the LNB and the feedhorn, as this keeps dampness out :) ...

Great job, so have you got it in service yet?

That's the fun of it, you'll get it.

Yeah I was just out dedicating a superdish for 91w I got it but I will wait till tomorrow to tidy up, dark comes fast;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

How to get local channels on TelStar 5?

MUlti LNB setup on 1.2 meter offset dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)