sporting events (please hepl)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

whitten82

Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
i just got a dvr and im going away sat. i want to tape some sporting events (all star game, homerun derby) now these shows usually last longer then the time they say they will last. if i just program to record will the dvr stop recording?
say the schedule time is 8pm to 11pm but the game lasts to 1130pm will the dvr stop recording or does it realize that the game is still on?

thanks for the help

Yes it will stop at 11 but to be on the safe side tell it to record the next program or two on the schedule. That way you will get 30 or 60 min's more recorded in case they run long. You can alway delete them later if they are not needed.

In the setup screen, you can tell it to stop recording 5/15/30/60/etc minutes late (not sure if those are the exact numbers - not sitting near the Tivo at the moment). I always pad sporting events. The DVR will only record the time that the networks said the program will last - there is no way for it to 'know' that the program is running long.

Treat it just like you would if you were setting a VCR - most people probably only made the mistake of not padding a sporting event once... :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

directv hd programming

Playing On The Roof (Sat C Issues)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)