Splitting a single G6 feed for 522 inputs

shajipaul

Original poster
Aug 16, 2004
My 522 was origianlly installed with 2 G-6feeds from the satellites. Last week I got a 811 from eBay and called up dishnet to activate my HDTV subscription. I removed both the feeds from 522, hooked up one of them to the 811 and used a standard splitter(900 Mhz) to split the other G6 feed to 2 seperate G-6 feeds to the 522.

My problem is on and off 'no signal' and dropped connection. Do I have to use a different splitter ? Or is the splitting idea a bad one after all ?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards
Shaji

Welcome aboard!

You can NOT, NO WAY, NO HOW, "split" a satellite signal like that.

You've got to find a 3rd feed from the dish/switch.

Tell us your EXACT dish/LNBF/Switch configuration and we'll be able to help you get-r-done.

Hows it goin,

yeah you cant split a sat feed they dont work like regular cable. the reason you are getting the in and out no signal is the tuners arguing with each other as to which transponders to look for. Basicly you need a 3rd feed there.

shajipaul said:
My 522 was origianlly installed with 2 G-6feeds from the satellites. Last week I got a 811 from eBay and called up dishnet to activate my HDTV subscription. I removed both the feeds from 522, hooked up one of them to the 811 and used a standard splitter(900 Mhz) to split the other G6 feed to 2 seperate G-6 feeds to the 522.

My problem is on and off 'no signal' and dropped connection. Do I have to use a different splitter ? Or is the splitting idea a bad one after all ?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards
Shaji
WHAT THE HECK IS A G-6 FEED? Do you mean a RG-6 coaxial cable? :mad:

Shaji-

Assuming that you have a DishPro Twin LNB (which has two combined 119/110 outputs) you could run one cable to your 811 and another to your 522 with a DP separator ~$10 (*not a splitter*) which then connects two cables to your reciever.

Does that sound right SimpleSimon?

Jeff

shajipaul said:
Thank You! As you said a third cable from the satellite is my only solution!
If you can give us more information about your lnbf's we might be able to come up with another solution rather than running a new line. there are a few devices that can help this... assuming you dont mind a trip to the dish wherever it might be. But let us know the details of the system and we will try to help.

danie906 said:
Shaji-

Assuming that you have a DishPro Twin LNB (which has two combined 119/110 outputs) you could run one cable to your 811 and another to your 522 with a DP separator ~$10 (*not a splitter*) which then connects two cables to your reciever.

Does that sound right SimpleSimon?

Jeff
Sorry, Danie. NO - it is NOT right. the DP34 switch will NOT drive the DPPlus Separator. It requires a DPP Twin (which is not yet available) or the DPP44 switch.

ShadowEKU said:
If you can give us more information about your lnbf's we might be able to come up with another solution rather than running a new line. there are a few devices that can help this... assuming you dont mind a trip to the dish wherever it might be. But let us know the details of the system and we will try to help.
Yeah - he hasn't come back to tell us what he's got, so we can't tell him what to get. :rolleyes:

New installation.

Poor image quaility on Rear Projection TV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)