spiltting signal from one dish to 16 receivers

Right now I have 3 SW64 and a SW44 feeding 15 tuners.
7 of the tuners get 61.5,110,119,AND 148
5 get 110,119 and 148
and three get just 110,119 and I could add upto 5 more at this time.

my tvs so far

I finally got around to taking photos of some of the tv systems. No nothing is complete and its a mess from moving in still but the important thing is their hooked up. The first pick is my baby, its a sony da90esg rceiver, dvp700 dvd, xbr hd digital 53" projection tv, re-6 center, l7 bookshelves for rears, and cerwin e312 towers with sub-150s (15" 200 watt self powered subs) up front. the plasma is an Ilo 42" in the bed room . and down stairs is the old faithfull 45" mitsubishi(cerca 1989) Sorry wireless glitched and the pics didn't load.

Attachments

• IM000239.JPG
    IM000239.JPG
    459.9 KB · Views: 238
  • IM000240.JPG
    IM000240.JPG
    436.7 KB · Views: 216
  • IM000241.JPG
    IM000241.JPG
    564.2 KB · Views: 229
farmsatguy said:
Actually, using DP-Splitters, you can operate up to 24 tuners with DP equipment (using 6 DP-34 switches). With DPP, you can have up to 48 tuners (using 6 DPP-44 switches). :cool:

Farmsatguy,

With reguard to your DPP statment. Can you run 48 tuners using the 6 DPP-44 switches from one Dish? If so what LFNB/Dish/splitter combo would you use?

Thanks.

farmsatguy said:
Actually, using DP-Splitters, you can operate up to 24 tuners with DP equipment (using 6 DP-34 switches). With DPP, you can have up to 48 tuners (using 6 DPP-44 switches). :cool:

Farmsatguy,

With reguard to your DPP statment. Can you run 48 tuners using the 6 DPP-44 switches from one Dish? If so what LFNB/Dish/splitter combo would you use?

Thanks.

hey meat

what the hell do you need that many tuners for, 6 on 1 tv, I thought i was crzy with 3 tuner on 1 tv
1 for watching nascar
1 for recording the packers game
and the third to record trucks on tnn

it can be done but only with switches however only 4 switches can be trunked per lnb the receiver can only power that many after that its 2nd dish time(for dishnetwork systems)and,yeah do you live on a castle that is a HUGE job even for 2 techs unless all the lineruns were already done and all that was left to be done was dish and switches

DNSdishdude said:
it can be done but only with switches however only 4 switches can be trunked per lnb the receiver can only power that many after that its 2nd dish time(for dishnetwork systems)and,yeah do you live on a castle that is a HUGE job even for 2 techs unless all the lineruns were already done and all that was left to be done was dish and switches

DNSdishdude,

I thought you could only put 3 DPP44 switches together? I need the ability to run 24 single lines, but have the ability to run 24 dual tuners if needed. Thats why I want to do it with DPP since you could run 2 tuners off of one cable. I have seen a pdf that has the setup for the 24 lines and 48 tuners but I get confused because it has a second dish in the doc and I want to do it with only one dish. see attached pdf. Can someone explain this to me?

Thanks,

Attachments

• DISH_Pro_Plus_44_Switch_D.pdf
    425.8 KB · Views: 175
I'm not that dude :), but for sure I can tell you: doesn't matter number of dishes - you could connect only one LNBF ( one satellite ), but it should have two outputs or you should split one output by DP-approved splitter for feed that two rows of DPP44.
Practically the method should works for DP LNBF and DP34s.

I've got no idea how P.Smith's comment applies to a Dish500 DishPro setup, but whatever.

Anyway, back to the original question.

First, only THREE switches can be strung together - giving the famous 12-feed maximum.

Second, a DP Quad has the necessary outputs to drive two strings of switches using one Dish500. One string uses ports 1 & 2, the other uses 3 & 4. IN THAT ORDER.

Thanks! Thats just what I needed to know. That would give me access to 110 and 119 right? And if I needed another orbit I could use an Ibracket on the Dish500 and another LNBF for say 121?

Big Thanks Simon :)

Negative. A Dish500 can only grab 2 DSS birds. In this case 110/119.

121 (and 105) are FSS satellites that require linear LNBFs, and a considerably larger dish (SuperDish).

However, that aside, your switches CAN handle either type (DSS or FSS) of additional DishPro feed. Legacy or non-E* LNBFs need not apply.

Caveat: There is one weird way to get only the odd transponders of a FSS bird using a non-SuperDish LNBF. Never mind unless you really need it.

farmsatguy said:

To clarify this (I waited to see what responses I'd get ;) ), here is an example that will work. OK...ready? :p

In my area we use SuperDish setups (105). The 119 LNB is a DP Dual - one feed starts a chain of 3 DP-34's(or DPP-44's); the other feed which we use to sight it in is then used to start another chain of 3 DP-34's. Typically, the 110 LNB is also a DP Dual (just with the case removed) - do the same thing as 119. As for the 105 FSS feed, us a DP Splitter to shoot the 105 to each of the 2 chains. On some older SuperDish's (type 2's mainly), many of them had a DP Single for 110; just use a DP Splitter on that one too. All done! Oh, except for a ton of wires going to....where ever the receivers are! :eek:

You now have two chains of 3 DP-34's off one dish for a total of 6 DP-34's (or 44's as needed).

811 problem! Please help!

Heeeeeelp! new 921 problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)