sortofaggravated

gimmehelp

Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
maine
I have a Dish Pro Plus 500+ Satellite Dish. Is it compatible with ViP 222k Receiver?
What type of Separater, Splitter, Diplexer do I need? I have a triplexer that came with the receiver what is that for? I have checked into these parts but they don't tell you if they are compatible with the ViP 222k Receiver or the Dish Pro Plus 500+ Satellite Dish.

Please help we are going crazy!:eek:

Did any sort of switch come with your 500+? I think the LNBs are DishPro, but you would need an auxiliary switch to send all 3 sats down the coax.

There is a new DPP 500+ LNB that came out. Not sure how he got it but if so there obviously is no need for a switch. Just a line from the dish to the receiver.

The "triplexer" is for running a single line from the antenna to the "triplexer" and then from there two short cables connected to the outputs labeled as Sat1 & Sat2 (I think that's correct) to the corresponding connections on the back of the receiver. The third output is for use with a dupler to combine an OTA signal down the line to the "triplexer" which also has an OTA output.

The "triplexer" is actually a splitter for the satellite signal and a duplexer for OTA signal.

The "triplexer" is actually a splitter for the satellite signal and a duplexer for OTA signal.

WRONG it is for sending TV2 signals back out to a Diplexer. Then the signal for TV2 is sent from the Diplexer to TV2.

Yes it could be used to send OTA signals to the receiver, but that is not really why Dish includes it. Really all the triplexer is is a DPP seperator and a Diplexer built into one unit. You will notice that there is a sticker on the 3rd wire that says TV2 on it though. It is in no way shape of form a SPLITTER.

A 500+ plus dish requires a switch. If you have a "34" switch you would need 2 lines from the switch to the receiver, ( one for each sat input). If you have a "44" switch only one line is needed and you need to use the triplexer. Keep in mind that a 44 switch also requires a power inserter to power the switch, so be sure its plugged in because if it's not you won't get a signal on any receiver connected to the switch.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

WRONG it is for sending TV2 signals back out to a Diplexer. Then the signal for TV2 is sent from the Diplexer to TV2.

Yes it could be used to send OTA signals to the receiver, but that is not really why Dish includes it. Really all the triplexer is is a DPP seperator and a Diplexer built into one unit. You will notice that there is a sticker on the 3rd wire that says TV2 on it though. It is in no way shape of form a SPLITTER.

Which makes me curious why Dish Network designed it that way because the MT2 Dual OTA Tuner Module has a RF CH 3 or 4 output for TV1.I would guess maybe for the other receivers that can't use the MT2 Module?.

Jhon69 said:
Which makes me curious why Dish Network designed it that way because the MT2 Dual OTA Tuner Module has a RF CH 3 or 4 output for TV1.I would guess maybe for the other receivers that can't use the MT2 Module?.

The triplexer has nothing to do with OTA module. With the OTA mod it is possibly to run tv1 on ch 3 or 4. You still need the module to have somewhere to connect your OTA antenna. This does enable you to view you off air channels on tv2 or record 4 shows at once (2 sat and 2 Ota).

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The 500+ LNB assembly is wonderful for use with a ViP series HD receiver other than the fact that it won't get you most of your HD programming.

If you need international channels and have an HD receiver, you need a 1000+ dish and a DP44 switch. If you don't need international channels, you really don't need a + LNB.

Thanks for the correction. I had forgotten about the TV2 signal.

Recently returned DVR charged sales tax for shipping

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)