Someone please clarify these Dishin' it Up Details from Dish Rep...

asmcbride

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
WV/VA
I've been planning to Dish it up for months now and finally got my wiring complete and called today and now I'm really confused about what the Dish rep is telling me, would someone please confirm whether this is correct or not.

I currently have 2 receivers (811 & 301). According to the Dish website it says that I am eligible to Dish it Up for a max of 2 Receivers or 3 Tuners. I wanted to swap the 811 for a 622 and swap the 301 for a 211. The Dish reps I spoke with absolutely would not do this. They told me that I would have to trade in both current receivers to get a 622. They said if I wanted an additional receiver above the 622 that I would have to purchase it.

I am a 6 year subscriber and want to increase my packaging and I am readinyg the details directly from their website and it is not matching what they are telling me on the phone. Someone please confirm what I should be allowed to do with my 2 existing receivers.

The CSR is absolutely wrong. One 622 does not substitute for two 211's. Try calling the Dish number, and plug in the selections for High Def, then HD Tech Support. That's what I do and I always get someone who knows what he's doing. Make sure they really understand that the 811 and 301 are going off the account.

according to the dish website the details for Dishin it up say 'max of 2 receivers or 3 tuners'. So, just to confirm shouldnt I be able to dish up my existing 811 for a 622 and dish up my existing 301 for a 211? This would meet the requirements on the website. According to the website details I should also get a $49 credit toward both of these upgrades as well.

according to the dish website the details for Dishin it up say 'max of 2 receivers or 3 tuners'. So, just to confirm shouldnt I be able to dish up my existing 811 for a 622 and dish up my existing 301 for a 211? This would meet the requirements on the website. According to the website details I should also get a $49 credit toward both of these upgrades as well.
Yes, I think so. And that's a $50 credit, so your cost for each is $49 after the credits are applied. And you should think about selling your 811 on e-bay, after it's removed from your account. Dish will only give you about $10 for it.

Just upgraded, here are the details...

OK, I finally went through with the Dishin' it up Promo. I took another posters receommendation and called the tech support line instead of the regular customer service line, which made the process much simpler. Here are the details:

Upgraded existing 811 and 301 for 622 and 211. Also upgraded from legacy HD Pack to new HD Package. Also changed from standard AT60 package to DVRAdvantage package. I had to argue with the rep for several minutes regarding the exception of the lease fee for the 1st receiver (per a scanned document on this forum), but she finally found the same info. Here are the pricing details she gave me:

DVRAdvantage (AT200, DVR and locals) $50
Additional receiver lease fee $6
HD Package $20
622 Credit of $50
211 Credit of $50
10 $10 credits for upgrading from legacy HD

So it looks like I'll be getting all of the credits. I was also told that me new dish for 61.5, new LNBs, separators and diplexers would all be included in the free installation. Overall, if everything gets charged as she described I'll be very happy. My monthly charges didn't jump drastically and I'll be upgrading from AT60 to AT200, adding DVR features, adding the new HD package and getting 2 new top of the line recievers. Hopefully the install will be this smooth!

BEWARE of what they tell you

BEWARE!sadroll That's what the supposed tec support told me last March when I renewed my yearly program subscription. I had a 811. They told me if I switched to a 211 I would be able to get the "new" mpeg4 HD channels. Dished it up then and traded in my owned 811 for the $49.00 credit. It took until November when I got a bill:eek:, remember I had thought I paid for one year of programming, before I was able to get them to credit my bill! To make a very long story short. After many TC''s with DISH - "I'm sorry sir, you were told the wrong information", I am now stuck with a $6.00 monthly VIP211 lease fee for as long as I have this receiver as well as a monthly $6.00 HD enabling fee-because I have the Family Pack, old HD pack and Voom. Also to add insult to injury, I have not been able to receive the additional HD channels-would have to change my programming package, again, had been told by TEC support that I would be able to receive these channels when they became avalable(Notice: I did not change any programming-did not have these fees with the 811):mad: :mad: :mad:
Do not believe DISH tech support. To be blunt-at the best, I was given wrong information and am now waiting until September to cancel.

Thanks MikeD, I do plan to do this.
I hope that they will help, but at this point, I will only believe it if it happens:no -it's taken me 6 TC's with Dish, many hours, including a TC with an executive office rep to have them remove the $6 lease fee until September-I still have the $6.00 HD fee-because I have the VIP receiver, did not have this with the 811.:down Again I will try this rout and let satelliteguys know the results.

Is the lease fee waived for the 622 if it's the only leased receiver? I'm contemplating "Dishing it up" for a 622. I currently own my other receivers. My account would end up with 3 receivers total, the new 622 and 2 7100's. My locals aren't available from DISH so I'm thinking there's no advantage in the "DVR Advantage" package for me? Would Top250 + HD look like this?:

$52.99 Top 250
$20.00 HD Package
$10.00 Extra receiver fee(s)
$5.98 DVR Fee
-------
$88.97

Or can I expect to pay another $6 lease fee too?

E* Sound Problem

HD Locals Rollout schedule?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)