Someone explain what and where the Power Inserter is for

Paradox-SJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
San Jose, California
Besides the obvious of providing power what else (if anything) does it do?

Reason for asking is this....

I live in an apartment with two line coming down from a Dish500/300 with sw21. I purchased a 921 and now need two lines into the living room. I am ordering a DPP44 to address this BUT I read that it utilizes a power inserter.

Will the switch go on the roof or can it go inside the apartment as I hope as there is no way to get power to the roof for the inserter to plug into.

I MUST use the existing two line and only those as the landlord wont allow anymore holes to be drilled etc etc.

IYO What will/is the best way to implement the DPP44 in my situation?

THX for the help

Well, I can't find anything that tells what the max distance is between the dpp44 and the power inserter. It would probably work with the switch on the roof and the power inserter in your apartment as long as it's all RG6. Remember the power inserter must go to port #1 on the dpp44.

However I think you have another major issue. You said you have a d500 & d300 with a sw21. Unless you mis-typed, that means you have legacy lnbfs, and those will not work with the dpp44 (DishProPlus 44). You will also need to replace your lnbfs with dishpro ones (dishpro twin on the d500 and dishpro dual on the d300).

What AJ said. :)

Without getting in to "why", what you MUST have is one cable per satellite from dish(s) to a DP34 or DP44 switch. There is NO way around this requirement. Period. Ain't gonna happen. No way. End of story.

I'm not clear on exactly how many wires you have where, but if the 921 is your only receiver, and you already have 2 cables coming into your apartment, it's an easy setup - in fact, it'll be the same as mine.

Legacy Twin, Legacy Dual, pair of SW-21s. I'm thinking you already have the Legacy Twin. Check your Dish300 for a second output. The second SW-21 is cheap.

Dish 500 with twin proLNB

Dish 510 with VOIP and no caller id

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts