Slingbox Vs. VIP922

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
I got a couple of questions regarding sling.

1) Which is better to go with going out and buying a sling box or going with a VIP922?

2) Also is there any fees with a sing box?

3) Is sling all it's cracked up to be?

I have currently have a vip722, Vip 222. So If I'd go with a VIP922 and return the 722 tell me if I got this right....

VIP222 would be my free receiver and then my VIP922 would be $10.00 and then I'll need a 311 so that would be $ 7.00. So If I got this right I'm going up $3.00 a month. Not to bad but what does the 922 do that the sling doesn't do? That's where I'll decide if $3.00 is worth it. (Yes I know I know you gotta pay for the 922)

I have a Sling Solo. I use it with my 211K which has an external drive. I primarily use the SlingBox to place shift video from my living room to my laptop elsewhere within my home. It works very well for this and my speed according to the SlingBox is around 3,000Kbps. I can change channels, play back recorded shows, i.e. anything I can do with the remote on the computer. Set up took less than five minutes. I have the 211K setup with HDMI to the TV and component to the SlingBox.

My internet is slow with upload speeds of around 500 Kpbs so remote viewing is at best OK on my I-phone or a laptop when I am away from home.

I pay no fees to use my Slingbox to either Sling or Dish. It cost me $129 to purchase my Slingbox.

Hope this helps.

Jim

How much record time does the external hard drive have and it works the same way? Like pauses live TV, rewinds, and records shows? Or does it work a little differently?

A stand alone Slingbox is a lot more flexable and lets you do more then a 922. I would go with the stand alone over the 922

I agree with Scottt. Sling player is lot beter option than 922 with built in Sling. Price wise it will be about same but Sling Player PRO HD will give you optiosn to connect 3 sources that you can remotely view but with 922 , you can only watch one source and that is ur Dish DVR. I am using Sling player for 5-6 years now(classic )... I never had any issues. I use laptop and Iphone to remotely watch any of my video sources at home..

Broadband Question

Florida spot beam size?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)