Slimline 5 SWM ..I have direc changing out 3 to 5???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lern4483

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
Maybe someone can clear this up.

Im missing some religious programming that requires my dish to be changed.
I use to be able to get this channel 366 a month ago. I have top tier package.
Its off of sat 119.

Why would I need a new Dish to get a satellite I already get?

So, direc is coming out to change out dish. Any advantage to getting better dish other than to receive the new channels?

I have the latest stuff. 3 HR 24s and MRV.

Thanks....

I suspect the installer will come thinking that the dish will need changing and once there will just change out the LNB.
This is a case of the CSR not fully understanding the situation.

all they need to do is change out the LNB from a 3LNB to a 5 LNB

Yea, but why?? If I get sat 119 would i not get all the programing??
I do subscribe to everything..Kind of strange.

I know with dish you need a different set up to get 118 (foreign channels)
I have that.

But why a different LNB if your already getting the satellite?
Makes no sense?

Directv uses 95W for the International channels. Dish uses 118 (I assume you mean 95 as your equipment is D* equipment)

In most markets unless your SD locals are on 119 or you subscribe to Spanish programming, they will install a SL3 LNB which sees 99, 101, 103.
The only other ones are usually folks who specifically ask for a channel on 119. There are only a couple English channels on 119
Jewish Life TV (366)
Hope Channel (368)
and a few of the Sonic audio channels

I was in the same boat. When I had SD I had a Phase III (101,110,119) dish and when I upgraded to HD they gave me a SL3

Directv uses 95W for the International channels. Dish uses 118 (I assume you mean 95 as your equipment is D* equipment)

In most markets unless your SD locals are on 119 or you subscribe to Spanish programming, they will install a SL3 LNB which sees 99, 101, 103.
The only other ones are usually folks who specifically ask for a channel on 119. There are only a couple English channels on 119
Jewish Life TV (366)
Hope Channel (368)
and a few of the Sonic audio channels

I was in the same boat. When I had SD I had a Phase III (101,110,119) dish and when I upgraded to HD they gave me a SL3

Thanks Ice!

That clears it up...

I mixed up dish and direc.. I get my foreign stuff from dish on sat 118
Not sure what I use on direc. You would know better than me.
I have both dish and direc. For some reason im more familiar with dish satellites.

Last edited:
Since D*'s international offerings are a McDonalds hamburger and Dish's are a friggin all you can keep down buffet some folks do have both. Also there are folks who have a subscription to say NBA LP or NHL CI with Dish still and keep it active until end of season but got D* recently.

I suspect the installer will come thinking that the dish will need changing and once there will just change out the LNB.
This is a case of the CSR not fully understanding the situation.

Since we can only order it as a Dish upgrade it not a matter of understanding but a matter of what we can do and it a no harm no foul situation. So if we schedule it up as a dish upgrade the worst thing that going to come of it is that the tech brings a dish and a lnb and it never hurts to be over prepared.

Well, that is what I was implying.

CSR thinks dish upgrade.
Installer comes with dish.
Installer realizes that is needed is an LNB change.

But, then installer needs to do the dish as well in order to get paid.

CSR thinks dish upgrade.

Yeah what your not understanding is agents are not always dumb

I look at an account with a sl3
I know they only need a lnb
But my onlyoption is a dish upgrade and per dtv policy even if it is just a lnb upgrade we do it as a dish upgrade .

So it not on the csr endif they understand or not they only have 1 option.

Since we can only order it as a Dish upgrade it not a matter of understanding but a matter of what we can do and it a no harm no foul situation. So if we schedule it up as a dish upgrade the worst thing that going to come of it is that the tech brings a dish and a lnb and it never hurts to be over prepared.

Exactly

I would rather have too much on my truck then not enough.

Beside, I can tell from the paperwork that they already have a dish.

As far as CSR's not knowing how to build a ticket, yeah this happens a lot but I blame D* and their revolving door of employee turn over rate.
It is the same with techs often not knowing what they are doing.
If they took better care of the people busting their buts every day to keep them in business then they would have longer term employees which would mean better CSR's and techs.

CSR thinks dish upgrade.

I don't know about you, but I can leave the old dish up and get paid all day long.
If I couldn't, then the new dish would just fall off the back of my truck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Directv Question

Is Directv customer service this terrible or just us?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)