Sky Dish and chapparell LNB for FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ryewhiskey1

Original poster
Dec 31, 2011
Ontario
Will this dish and LNB get FTA satellite channels?
And if so is there a link for setup?

Havin' another ryewhiskey, :confused:

Attachments

• SKY 30DISH .jpg
    SKY 30DISH .jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 175
  • Chapparel LNB .JPG
    Chapparel LNB .JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 163
The Dish is 30" w x 34" high,

Thanks for the info, but,

I am not allowed access to site given

link direction to this Dish and LNB set up for FTA woud be appreciated.

Havin' another ryewhiskey,

Thanks for the info, but,

I am not allowed access to site given

link direction to this Dish and LNB set up for FTA woud be appreciated.

Havin' another ryewhiskey,

That is a good sized dish and will work fine for FTA.

I don't know why you could not access that link. It is simply a short cut to a sub forum of this forum that you are already in. It is called " FTA / MPEG2 FAQ's" located near the top of the first page of this forum.

acvcess

When I go there this is what I get:

ryewhiskey, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Doesn't make sense that a new user would be restricted from an area that is set up to help new users.

Something odd going on here.
Your first few posts in this thread show your join date as Dec 31st, 2011.
Now your most recent post shows you joined Nov 26th, 2006.

Maybe a Mod can jump in here on this one.

Anybody can view the FAQ area
You just can't post in there (or start new threads).

Thats what the main area is for :)

Can some one direct this to a person that can give me the set up for FTA and this dish?

Havin'another ryewhiskey,

Will this dish and LNB get FTA satellite channels?

:confused:
With that dish and that LNB you will easily find one decent channel on 119W if you blindscan for FTA channels in the clear. There are other channels, but they are more difficult to find. If you want more FTA channels on other Sats, you will need to change your lnb to a linear lnb. Your LNB is a Universal LNB that receives circular signals.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-faqs/52968-what-linear-circular-polarization.html

Last edited:
The op has a linear Universal type LNBF, not a circular. Disregard the previous post regarding the 119w satellite.

Whiskeyrye, each receiver has a specific set-up menu and the siming coirdinates are dependent on your location. Where are you located and what brand of receiver are you using? If one of us is familiar with your receiver, we will assist.

Never have heard of that receiver. (Edit: found that its origin is as a "Theft of Services" receiver from 2009 and seems to have very little information. Looks to probably support blind scan)

What satellite or channels are you trying to receive? If you are not sure click on the tab at the top of this page for "The List" and look at the KU band channels. If you still aren't sure, start with Galaxy 19 (97w) as that satellite has the most channels of any FTA satellite over North America.

Once you choose the satellite that you wish to watch, write down the transponder, polarity and symbol rate from the list for that satellite.

For starters, go into the menu and locate that satellite name, select and set set the LNB LO type to Universal 9750/10600. Next, check and see if the transponder parameters are pre-programmed into the receiver. If not, you may need to enter the transponder frequency, the Polarity and the symbol rate.

Now we need to determine where to point your dish. Where are you located?

Last edited:
Galaxy 19 should be easy to locate in your area.

Here are the approximate aiming coordinates and LNBF rotation (Skew) settings for aiming the dish.

View attachment Donna Texas Aiming.pdf

Before mounting the dish, make sure that you site survey to make sure that there are no trees or tall buildings that might block the view of the satellite position from the dish.

1. Mount the dish on a perfectly plumb post; otherwise, the dish elevation and azimuth settings will not be accuarate.
  2. Set the elevation agle using the scale stamped on the rear mounting bracket.
  3. Locate a landmark on the horizon that is close to the compass reading. I.E. a tree or telephone pole.
  4. Rotate the LNBF in the circular clamp to the approimate Skew setting.\
  5. Set the receiver and a small TV next to the dish and connect the receiver to the TV and to the LNBF
  6. Enter the installation menu and set the LNBF type to Universal, LO Frequency: 9750/10600
  7. Select Transponder Frequency: 12152, Polarity: Horizontal, Symbol Rate: 20000
  8. While watching the Signal Quality meter, make small and SLOW sweep to 15 degrees east of the identified landmark and to the west of the landmark. Watch for an increase in the Quality reading.
  9. If no Quality reading is detected, raise or lower the dish elevation in 1 degree increments and repeat this SLOW panning process. You may need to increase or decrease the elevation up to 5 to 10 degrees due to mechanical tolerances or install errors.
  10. Once the Signal Quality reading is peaked, perform a Blind Scan or Power Scan function. This may be in another menu screen.

Good luck!

btw... your receiver reseller shouild be able to provide installation assistance. Who is the seller?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Unknown satellite positions on my fta receiver...

Random Act of Kindness ....free DVB-s receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)