Skew on DMSI ASC321S

Status
Please reply by conversation.

timmy1376

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Manhattan, KS
Guys, I am attaching a pic of the new lnb I got, but it doesn't give any guidance on skew. I need a skew of 30 degrees for G 10R. What are the marks representative of on this thing??

Attachments

• Picture 384.jpg
    Picture 384.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 177
It looks like the Big ticks are 10s, the little one 5's.

To borrow heavily from PSB:

When standing in front of your dish, rotate the LNBF anti-clockwise for + skew values.

Rotate the LNBF clockwise for - skew values.

When the LNBF is straight up and down it is in the zero position.

Keep your LNBF in the zero position when using a motor mount.

I bought this very same LNBF, but have not used it yet. Sorry I can't help you. I will try doing some searches tonight to see if I can get any information that I can pass along to you. Is that a Channel Master dish you attached it to?

timmy
the markings I think at 5,10,15 etc

I know when I aim for G10, the LNB output looks like its at almost at 7:30 (with you haveing a close True SOuth as I do (IA6), that would be about right

But skew is just a generalization. I have messed with it for optimum performance on a fixed dish

I am getting a level of about 55 on what I "think" is G 10R. I found IA very easily, so easily in fact i just set the dish out by the sidewalk, and had signal. But I cannot get any quality at all on this bugger. I went so far as to have the computer taken out by the building where I am going to use it as temp for tomorrow to watch a game.

Timmy's dish is a Channel Master just like mine. I recognize the LNB holder with the "Antenna ^" indicator.

I used a Fortec FSKUv which had no markings at all that I could notice... just knew by the position of G10R that I needed a positive tilt value on my skew, started out tilted and got a signal with quality, then slowly turned it until I got maxed out. After maxing it out, I could turn it more but the quality wouldn't go up, and after more and more turning, started going down again. By this time the LNB was almost sideways :) So I turned it back about an hour and a half (in clock terms) and bolted it down.

Tron

Is G10R pretty strong? It seems I may be getting hits when I move the dish on 119 and 121, which should be DBS sats. I tried using the 12114 V but I could have a problem with vertical transponders. So I tried a few horizontal, but no luck. Should I be having this much trouble with this sat??

It's tough, especially with a computer, because I cannot just take a tv and the receiver out to the dish.

Well, it would depend on where you live and your LNB quality. The 1M Channel Master dish immediately pulled in G10R for me with the Fortec LNB. I had the receiver and a monitor with me on the roof, and had pre-set my elevation... so I just had to slowly pan the dish.

Lowest quality is on The Tube's TP, 44-60, mostly closer to the lower end of that figure. Highest quality on TP 12114 (V) 4.444 @ 99 quality.

But then, I live in New Orleans, very far south...

Tron

I can get G10R on my 18" dish by doing this.
Find 121 and look at the quality off any 121 transponder. Move the dish to the right until the quality goes to 0.

Blind Scan for G10R. Now I can only get the two channels off this 18" dish. I have tried for the tube but nada.

The other way is point the dish a 121W. Try monitoring the transponder quality on 12114 V. I can do it on my Fortech Lifetime Ultra using the transponder search menu. It will be 0 and then move the dish to the right until you get it. Your LNB my be off a little. So look at what you are getting on 121W and and compare to Lyngsat and see what your off set is if you have one. That is to say you may be off +- X number. IE it might be 12111 or 12116? SR should stay at 4444

Note you may have to manually add this transponder to you G10R transponder list?

Good luck and please post back your results.

timmy1376 said:
Is G10R pretty strong? It seems I may be getting hits when I move the dish on 119 and 121, which should be DBS sats. I tried using the 12114 V but I could have a problem with vertical transponders. So I tried a few horizontal, but no luck. Should I be having this much trouble with this sat??

It's tough, especially with a computer, because I cannot just take a tv and the receiver out to the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Degree Marks on the Winegard 76cm

Technosat Digital satellite receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts