Site Survey

DishInstallAdam

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
I have done a site survey on upgrading to a pair of 322 receivers, but I currently have a 508, 301 & 311 coming off a Quad LNB, Do I need a DPP44 to make the conversion?

Thanks DishInstallAdam

Assuming that's a legacy quad LNB, then you can definitely feed two 322's from it via 4 cables. If you want to do that with two cables (one/receiver), then you could replace the quad with a DPP twin. A DPP44 costs Big Bucks and I think it requires DP LNBs, so you'd be replacing that quad in any event.

According to the customer there had been a single receiver that had been wired into the system, would that have been powered off the Quad LNB or splitt before it had been run to the 508? The system now had a splitter that goes out to the 3rd bedroom where that receiver had been, but was taken out. The customer does not want to upgrade to the 1000.2 LNB to accomodate the 222K HD. The plan is to put a receiver back into the 3rd bedroom, How else could the Quad LNB be used to power 4 receivers?

I have done a site survey on upgrading to a pair of 322 receivers, but I currently have a 508, 301 & 311 coming off a Quad LNB, Do I need a DPP44 to make the conversion?

Thanks DishInstallAdam
Why are you upgrading/downgrading to 322? Your going from a DVR and 2 basic receivers to no DVRs and one more SD tuner? A 622/722 would still keep DVR capability and add a tuner, I would upgrade to VIP 222 over 322s at least for the cost of upgrading you would gain some High Definition capabilities...

Powered off the LNB? The LNBs (and switches without power inserters) are powered by the receivers. No splitters are allowed on this stuff, though there are a number of components that look like splitters, but aren't. A quad LNB has an internal switch capable of feeding both 110 and 119 to up to 4 receivers (or 4 tuners).

No. There are legacy and DishPro quad LNBs. They have no inputs, but do have 4 outputs.

Need Help With Move

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)