Signal loss

mrichor

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 16, 2005
Hi, Is anyone having trouble with lost signal. I have lost half my channels. The signal on the other channels is around 7.0 from diagnostic D.But no matter what I do I cannot get any signal Strenght from the others. Did they move the footprint of one of the Birds, like they did with BEV about 2 yrs ago. I am down in south Florida. My dish did not move they just went off last night.
Any info would be great Thanks

Maybe because they have changed a lot of channels of transponder lately, and some of them don't beam to the south (footprint patern)
Or you may have a problem with the polarity switching.

SC would not move signals without a lot of notice (Head end visits and new channel maps from Motorola are required for their cable customers)

Give us 5 or so channels that you still have and 5 that you lost. What dish are you using (round, unstacked elliptical with built in multiswitch, stacked elliptical with external multiswitch)

here are some of the channnels i have lost 303,534,601,602,603,575.
I still have 304,608,showtime (don't rember the channel #)
Thats not all just a range for both.
I use an eliptical dish but tahts all I know 74 I think. Motorola reciever.sorry for being so uninformed.Thanks

Looks like you are still getting the Vertical transponders, but lost the Horizontal transponders.

Could be 1 of many things.

1) Check all of your connections. Unscrew them and check for moisture and oxide buildup.

2) If you have the multiswitch (at the dish) that has unused outputs; change your connection to it and see what happens

Would this bracket work for 95, 91 and 82?

Telesat sold

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)