signal combiner

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gopher2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
i would like to put 2 satellites on cable and be able to use both at the same time
is there and kind of hardware that will combine and seperate the satellite signal ??

Are you talking combining both cables and running it to a separate room or just using a multicombiner and output to different rooms?

If you’re thinking the second, where each room can have (as an example)
-Antenna or cable
-VCR on Channel 68
-FTA output on channel 70
-another output on Channel 78

They make those….

But if you’re thinking of combining 2 satellite cables into one, it really isn’t possible because of the same frequencies.

You could combine two satellites (1 polarity off each) with a frequency stacker. Basically the L-Band of 1 sat would be 950 - 1450 MHz and the other 1450-2150 MHZ.

I have 2 dishes and 2 recievers and i want them to use 1 coax
I want a box i can put at both ends to share the cable at the same time

Iceberg said:
not possible because of the same frequencies

Not exactly what he's looking for, but would a voltage or diseqc switch on the dish side and a high-frequency splitter on the receiver end provide a partial solution? He'd have to put a dc block on one output leg from the splitter, but receiver one could get everything and receiver two could get same polarity transponders from the same satellite as the first receiver is currently viewing.

That is possible, but I think the OP wants to control 2 dishes with 2 different boxes

What you're describing is basically slaving a box :)

Iceberg said:
That is possible, but I think the OP wants to control 2 dishes with 2 different boxes

What you're describing is basically slaving a box :)

I think you're right, just thought I'd throw out the possibility. This would allow the slave to be in another room though.

basicall i have 1 dish connect to my pansat for watching tv and another dish goin to my computer for 119 audio. Its a pain to switch which lnb is plugged in and i dont want to run another cable, but it looks like thats what i will have to do

gopher2 said:
I have 2 dishes and 2 recievers and i want them to use 1 coax
I want a box i can put at both ends to share the cable at the same time
oh...he needs 2 high freq, voltage pass, A-B switches, just joking!!

You can have one cable from each reciever, going to a single 4x4 multiswitch. but both lnb's have to be duals and niether lnb can be a Universal.

Then both reciever can access both lnb's without interferring with the other reciever.

Up to four reciever can be wired to this one 4x4 multiswitch.

Very simple

jerryt said:
You can have one cable from each reciever, going to a single 4x4 multiswitch. but both lnb's have to be duals and niether lnb can be a Universal.

Then both reciever can access both lnb's without interferring with the other reciever.

Very simple

This is how I'm going to connect my new QPH Invacom LNB. I'm going to use a 4 X 4 multiswitch, run the two linear outputs to 'Sat A (22k)' and the two circular outputs to 'Sat B (0k)'. Any linear satellites will be '22k on' in the installation menu and any circular satellites will be '22k off'. I will be able to connect four receivers to my motorized dish this way. The motor will be connected between one of the four receiver ports on the 4 X 4 switch and the receiver. Of course, only the one receiver connected to the motor will be able to move the dish.

jerryt said:

Very simple

OP isn't trying to do that. He is trying to combine 2 dishes onto one cable, bring it into the house and then split it out to 2 receivers. :)

Iceberg said:
OP isn't trying to do that. He is trying to combine 2 dishes onto one cable, bring it into the house and then split it out to 2 receivers. :)

Sorry, That's the only way I know how to do it. Just trying to help.

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
So if I wanted to run my 3500 and the Coolsat (or the 3500 and a PC card) the only way would be a dual LNB and 2 lines?

or to slave off the Pansat

Diplexer

I have the digital cable right now, if I want to receive both my satellite and my cable in the living room with the same coax is it possible?

Something like this: http://www.homecable.com/diplexer.html

Can the diplexers (2) make the signal weaker? Make problems with the receiver controlling the dish? I would use my FTA receiver OR my digital cable receiver (not at the same time)

Or is it better to put some kind of switch outside to choose satellite or cable to use at the moment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LNBs?

Transponder is both Vertical & Horizontal??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)