Showing Movies from other VOOM channels we DON'T yet Have--Need Family Fare!

bookwalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
Am glad to see some movies from the other 11 channels we didn't get being shown on the the 10 VOOM HD Channels we DO have, BUT, there is an OBVIOUS OMISSION of the light, happy, family fare--such as some of the movies from World Cinema that were for children--such as the Iranian movie about the Shoes, Family Movie Net (whatever it was called) had some WONDERFUL classics!

HA-HA had some great ones, as did DIVINE. These are ALL missing--it seems this choice of VOOM movie channels is HEAVY on the GUYS side--Majestic, GUys, Monster--what about the WIFE and KIDS??????

When the choice is to be made, after 6 months or so to renew the Dish HD and to include the VOOM channels, the wife may or may not agree to renew!

LAB was great for kids too--the HD NEWS does NOTHING for my 2-year old granddaughter!

Yes, I am grateful for some of the VOOM channels returning and realize that, in a year, they will ALL return, but stil no Starz HD, Weatlh HD, TMC HD, Cinemax HD or Universal HD--and the "old" dishnet HD pack has little to attract kids.

Until then, it is great to see they are taking movies from the old channels and mixing them in with the ones we have, so this is just to request the following:

MORE from FamilyNet, HA-HA, GUNSLINGERS, DIVINE, LAB, FILMFEST.

Thanks!

In 6 months we should have the other 11 channels back again. :)

Keep the faith. I think all us VOOMers all miss someting from the VOOM 21 channels.

I know my heart sinks everytime HDNews runs the "21 Channels of High Definition Bliss" commercials."

Sean Mota said:
Actually it is today... I saw some of the movies that were playing in FamilyRoom HD.

But, what, what, what about.....

Flipper and Thunderbirds?

My graddaughter loved watching Thunderbirds all day long on Saturdays!!!

And, I admit, I like watching Flipper.

:)

philhu said:

An episode or two of each would be fine, but I'll be eatin' lead if they show another Flipperfest or Thunderday weekend. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the tips on these other movies--no, no more Flipperfest. I saw some of the other FamilyRoom movies and they were GREEEEEAAAAAT--especially great for HD--lots of outiside action, animals, Victorian beauty--ornate houses, furniture, exquisite dresses, hair-dos--waiting for those--like Room With a View, etc, etc. Westerns--loves those outdoor desert scenes, mountains, horses, colorful costumes!!!!

Scott Greczkowski said:
In 6 months we should have the other 11 channels back again. :)

Keep the faith. I think all us VOOMers all miss someting from the VOOM 21 channels.

I know my heart sinks everytime HDNews runs the "21 Channels of High Definition Bliss" commercials."
Is production continuing on the others?

philhu said:

Absolutely! I miss both of these shows. I really disapointed to see that FamilyRoom wasn't one of the ones to be picked up. I miss FamilyRoom and Playboy Hot-HD the most (what a combo :) )

Monsterama ---Aliens & Predators

New music videos & content for Rave soon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)