Should power inserter be on the 622?

JoeSp

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 11, 2003
The installer put the power inserter for the DPP44 ont the 622. I have read that you might not want the power inserter on the 622. Is this going to cause a problem? If so can I put it on the 811?

It is on port one of the DPP44. But some of the posts I have read have stated that it is possible to 'burn out' the 622 if the power inserter is on it. I just want to be sure my 'investment' will not go up in smoke. :)

i don't know where people got that idea. if a switch comes with power inserter then there is a reason for it and people are trying without it. WHY??? i don't understand that. if it has power inserter I'm sure dish did a lot research and testing to make sure it wont cause a problem. i went to couple of TC/SC and people took out the power inserter and the system quit working and they wonder why

JoeSp said:
It is on port one of the DPP44. But some of the posts I have read have stated that it is possible to 'burn out' the 622 if the power inserter is on it. I just want to be sure my 'investment' will not go up in smoke. :)

I would think it would be the other way around. Without it the 622 would not have enough power to drive the DPP44, thus burning out the power supply. Like volkodav said - it's there for a reason.

they can have the power inserter 50+ ft from the switch in a closet or behind entitlement center so they don't have to see it

I could see a possible problem (just speculating) that if the power inserter is hooked up BACKWARDS that it could burn the receiver's tuner, separator, diplexer, whatever.

volkodav said:
they can have the power inserter 50+ ft from the switch in a closet or behind entitlement center so they don't have to see it
I have my DPP44 and it's power inserter hanging out in my ON-Q box in my closet which is where the runs to the tv's all go to.

It's out of sight, out of mind.

And, just works :)

LER

All i know the power insertor of my dp44 went out not the reciever. I was told by an install tech he never evens hooks them up they are not needed unless the dual recievers are having problems.

I have the cable bypassed from the power insertor straight to the vip211 i have a 4 room hookup with a dual 322 and a single 300 reciever all works fine with out the power insertor.

issue with 942 HDMI output

942 USB port - is it "powered"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)