SG2100 Parts List

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
I know this probably has been asked a thousand times, but does anyone have a list of parts used on the SG2100 motor drive?

Looking for the sizes of the screws, washers, nuts, etc. I believe the screws are metric, but not sure.

The winters here in PA are very hard on satellite equipment, so I'm hoping to replace all hardware with stainless steel hardware.

If you have already taken the 2100 apart, you could take some of the screws, bolts, and nuts to a auto parts store or Ace Hardware store. Some of them have a device that has bolts and nut samples that you could use to find the metric/standard sizes. I bought one from Ace (not cheap) that really come in handy when I need to know the thread size, etc on bolts and nuts. Me being a wood worker find it very useful.

If it aint broke I wouldn't worry about it.

The bolts on my SG2100 after 7 years in the MN winter looks like hell and beyond rusted but it doesnt affect the motor ;)

I can look at the bolts and nuts and see what they use on the wrench but the above info is the best. I know Ace Hardware (or Lowes/Home Depot etc) have a chart they can match the bolt up to for the right one

It is the thread size you will be concern about. There's fine and course threads on all bolts and nuts. If you are not careful you can strip out the threads. That is why I bought one of those charts from Ace. It was like $45 for one. Worth it to me!

Dang Iceberg, 64,583 replies...
Let me think, if I do about 600 a day...
Never mind, you probably be dead and gone for me to catch up to that many replies. LOL.
I admire you for that!

I'll go to Ace Hardware this weekend and if I find replacements I'll be sure to post the sizes and thread types here.

I started making directories on my computer listing every satellite dish and motor I have and then placing a parts list and additional information into each directory. This allows me to easily look to see what size a particular bolt, washer, nut, etc should be when making improvements to my dish farm.

I painted the SG2100 motor 2-3 times and each time it looks brand new. I also want to wash my dishes this summer using krud Kutter available at Lowes and Home Depot. It does a fantastic job and makes them look great again after a hard winter.

Oh, you just said you would share this info.
Speaking of cleaning dishes, I am going to do major cleaning on the 10 foot mesh dish I bought two weeks ago. In fact, I am planning on painting the dish and its mount. It is black but I have been planning to paint it a light gray color. The question is what kind of paint could I use? Flat or gloss? And would it affect the LNBF as far as heat?

Did you email or call DMS? I know they don't support end users however the worst thing they can say is no. Or perhaps contact the dealer you bought the unit from.

I am planning on painting the dish and its mount. It is black but I have been planning to paint it a light gray color. The question is what kind of paint could I use? Flat or gloss? And would it affect the LNBF as far as heat?

Do not paint the surface of a dish with a gloss paint. The gloss reflects the sun like a mirror and could severely damage the feed horn and LNBs during the bi-annual solar outages when the sun is directly behind the satellite. Mesh dishes usually have surfaces that defuse the light, but it still can be an issue of thermo stressing the feed.

Black is more optically transparent on mesh dishes and is helpful in Northern latitudes to heat the surface to disperse snow and ice. In Southern latitudes, a white reflector would reflect more light and yield a cooler surface. The color of the reflector would have minimal effect on the LNBF, but it is good to remember that a cooler LNBF operates more efficiently. I would suggest the the feed cover be a light color.

From experience, a black dish or feed cover can often be too hot to handle with bare hands on a sunny day!

I have been thinking of a flat light color gray. I have a 7.5 mesh dish that has a gray color paint that look great. I figure that the black dish I have would generate heat to the FD so since the 10 foot mesh BUD is waiting to be put up, I would repaint it. I ordered a DMX741 LNBF that will be used on the 10 foot.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Big Dish Satellite

Where is THIS in the morning?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)