SG2100 HH Motor Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

xborg

Original poster
Oct 17, 2005
Hey Guys|Gals|Gurus

This is my first post. So please take it easy on me … and no stuffing me in the locker
I am glad I got that out of the way I get nervous on first dates.

I just purchased a SG2100 Motor and a 33' dish.

I am not sure where I should mount it. My current 18' dish is mounted on the back of the house just above the living room window and below the awning.

I do not have a clear vertical route from the ground to the roof due to the awning.

My question: Does anyone have a similar setup? If not your feedback would be appreciated

Cheers

xborg

:cool:

you say it's HOW big??

You'll probably find good reading on this subject over in the FTA section.
Read through some of the posts there.
Also in the Review section for FTA, IceBerg describes installing a 36/39 dish temporarily.
They need quite a bit of clearance to swing around, and he mentions having it bump into the roof.
You might want to try a pole in cement or a 4x4 out in the back yard.

Oh, and as for your 33 foot dish, I don't think your SG2100 is quite up to the job.
Besides, if you already have an 18 foot dish, who needs more? :)
(I'd think it was the awning! )

Anybody know where I can find one of those 33 foot dishes? It would look nice on the back 40 acres.

Al

But, I think I would rather put it closer to the house... You think maybe with a dish that size, one could maybe pick up some of those sats over Asia beening bounced off the Moon?

I'm guessing that a 33 foot dish shouldn't need a motor :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Various questions about Sat stuff in Hurricane Katrina zone.

Slaving Questions