Service for 2nd home?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hankbrandenburg

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Bristow, VA
I have been a DirecTV customer dating back to the mid 1990s; I currently have Premier service with HD and a DVR.

I have a second home a few hours away and I'm curious if there is any deals for adding service there? I'm only there every other weekend so don't want to make too big a monthly commitment. I was thinking (perhaps wishfully) that I could set up a 2nd receiver and dish and just travel with the access card.

Any ideas or guidance will be much appreciated!

You can't take just your access card, but you can setup a dish there and take your entire receiver with you.

JosephB is correct. This works well and the dish itself can be bought just about anywhere.

The main thing to keep in mind is, if you do this, that your service is only being used at one address at a time. Meaning, you can't be watching your DirecTV at your second home while someone else is at your primary home. This would violate your TOS.

If you are anything like my wife and I, that shouldn't be a problem anyway. When we go to our cabin, we both go, so no one is at our primary home to watch.

I'm new at this. I also want to change from cable to satellite.

I live in the southeast US and travel to Ohio during the spring and summer. So all I have to do is take my box and access card and have a compatible dish?

Will I get the same channels I subscribe to at home?

Does DirecTV offer a protable satellite dish, rather than one that attaches to the house, so I can take ot with me also?

I'm becoming new to satellite. I want to change from cable to satellite because I also travel to a vacation place.

Does DirecTV offer a portable dish?

I know this is DirecTV forum, but does anyone have a comparison of values between Dish and Diret?

I've been transporting our receiver back and forth to our cabin for nearly 10 yrs. I think the only issue might be is if you use PPV, the receiver has to have a phone line plugged in. If the receiver is registered at one place it might not work if the phone line is on a different number. Since I don't use any PPV services I don't plug in the phone and am not an expert. There may be ways to get around this if it's a limitation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Upgrading to HD

D* needs to enable Zoom function on R-22

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)