Serious Inquiry for Quali-TV QS1080IR(CI)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NewHunter

Original poster
Jul 16, 2005
Bowling Green, Ohio
I am interested in the very near term in acquring one of these. My main interest is in receiving the HD programming I cannot get on my Pansat 2700A (mostly sports backhauls). I am asking only legal questions seeking only legal answers.
Apparently both of these receivers (i.e. with or without the Common Interface) can do what I want. I've read the equipment reviews, searched acquisition sites, and read vendor sites [I could find nothing on the Quali-TV site itself of interest to me as an American].
Rather than me peppering you with questions, let me just make this request. Please tell me the process for doing this. The main questions are (1) can I buy either of these two receivers as long as they are functional, and (2) once I get it, how do I set it up? For example I've read a couple of places that mention software that is either required or available to deal with PAL/ATSC/NTSC and flicker issues.
This is my first post, so please be gentle. I've been a C-Bander since about 1991, and C/Ku since about 1994.
Thanks.
-----
System Basics: 7.5' Orbitron (size is a wife issue), GI 4DTV DSR-920, PanSat 2700A

Hi NewHunter --- Welcome:welcome
I don't know the answer to your questions, but I am sure there are those who do - so hang on for an answer.
Bob

Have you looked on ebay? I don't own one, but I've read on other forums where people have bought them from European dealers (beware you may get to pay an extra customs charge when it hits the US). FWIW-I'm not positive that model is made new any more , but usually they can be found on ebay
charles

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Coolsat 8000 manual available

Just a little more help with setup for motor and lnb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)