Status
Please reply by conversation.

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
Ok, here's the problem. I did a Smart Search with my HR24 for 'Boxing'. It finds a slew of boxing shows which is good, BUT it didn't find the one on HBO that I knew was coming up. Since that didn't work that well, it makes using auto record for boxing a bit of a PITA, but I know of know other good way to get the majority of boxing.

Any suggestions? Or cause for it not finding all boxing?

thanks

sometimes I have found that Tribune (the EPG creator) doesn't always include the proper keywords AND that if the exact search term isn't part of the main title; it will not find it. there is also only a 14 max search too I think.

Next Saturday on HBO, Guerrero vs Maidana is the fight it wouldn't find using the term 'boxing', yet the title of the show in the guide is 'boxing'

sometimes I have found that Tribune (the EPG creator) doesn't always include the proper keywords AND that if the exact search term isn't part of the main title; it will not find it. there is also only a 14 max search too I think.

14 max search meaning only 14 matches or 14 channels or what?

OK, yeah I knew that 14 day limit. But the Guerrero/Maidana fight is within that timeframe so it should find it. Finds a hell of a lot of boxing, including a ppv on HBO (580), just not this particular fight. Until I did that search, I hadn't realized just how much boxing there is on satellite (or at least on D*). I'm really enjoying the Golden Gloves '11 series.

Anyway, my example is what if the title is "HBO Fight Night" a search term of "boxing" may not find that title as "boxing" isn't in the title. I know that sounds stupid; but I doubt the Tribune specs for searches isn't near as "smart" as Google to find the correlation.

wasn't that fight cancelled due to an injury?

Yes, it appears that it is cancelled. I didn't know that and it does still show up in the guide. I had to do a google to check it out. I don't read about boxing other than to find a schedule or some such, so it is easy for me to miss that.

Anyway, my example is what if the title is "HBO Fight Night" a search term of "boxing" may not find that title as "boxing" isn't in the title. I know that sounds stupid; but I doubt the Tribune specs for searches isn't near as "smart" as Google to find the correlation.

I would expect that, but in the guide the title is boxing.

OK, so which specific result are you looking for with "boxing" that I can test also? The previous title you listed was cancelled and likely removed from the EPG already.

My EPG is very new and it still shows up in it, I was just installed Tuesday with a full guide completion overnight.

That one was the only one that I know it didn't find, if there were others, I don't know about them. It was just a fluke that I knew of the Maidana fight and saw that the smart search didn't find it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pole Size question

Cinema connection for DVR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)