Screen flicker during sports whan stats are displayed

kc99

Original poster
Sep 15, 2004
Chicago
Anyone else have this issue? If so - is there a solution? Whenever stats are shown at the bottom of the screen during sports shows, the screen flickers as if it can't handle displaying the text.

For example when going to commercial during Cubs Broadcasts - the score pops up and the portion of the screen around it flickers horizontally. Same when they show a football players stats down at the bottom of the screen during the football games. The lower portion of the screen that is trying to display the stats is almost unreadable. It also happens when Madden is using his little yellow circles during instant replays! Quite annoying!

Could it be my TV and not the 811?? :confused:

I think I found the issue. I have my component cables going thru a splitter. It's actually an RCA splitter since it cost 9.99 as compared to 99.99 for the component spitter. My TV only has 1 component input and I have 3 devices that use component cables.

In any case, I took the splitter out of the loop and haven't seen the problem since. I go straight from my 811 to the TV and it seems to not have the shake affect any longer.

Thanks for the suggestions! Hope this helps someone else out there.

KC

I keep getting a smear across part of my screen. It only does it on the 811 not my 510 (sameTV) It looks like part of the picture is moving to the right or left. In a flicker motion. Its not my TV, DVD is hooked up component as well no issue. it does often right after a channel chane or when I hit info. Just started doing it the last couple of days, and its my second 811 after the other one went bad.

I have noticed that same smear recently, like within the past 2 weeks or so.

It is very noticeable on peoples faces when they show close ups. It only happen on both my 811 which have 2.80 software. 1 TV is a 57" RPTV and the other is a 32" picture tube. They both do it exactly the same.

It is like when they interview somebody and they turn their head away, part of their faces stays there for a split second, causing a blurring, streaking, smearing effect.

Nobody else has this?

I've had my 57" RPTV for over 1 year now and it has never done this before. Just got the 32" and noticed immediately.

I also forgot to mention it appears only on SD programming, however, on my 57" RPTV I only have it hooked up by DVI. On my 32", I have it hooked up by component and S-Video, it does it on both all 3 types. So it is not a matter of connections or TV, but rather something Dish recently did.

S

EchoStar Sustains Legislative Loss In U.S. House

DVR 522 recording problem with voice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)