Scott, is there some news about DP544 ?

it's not a receiver it's a switch that can take in 5 satellites perform switches then provides 4 outputs to either receivers or other switchers for cascading

oh, well than I have no clue what you're talking about. The only things I know about are the 942. and another receiver that's already used for MDUs is the DP351

It has been rumored on this and other boards that E* has had a DVR544 receiver in the works for a long time, that would have 4 satellite tuners with 4 independent output's. Weather the 544 or something simular ever makes it to production or not, who Knows? :shrug:

Gawd. What an installation nightmare a 544 would be.

UNLESS, it only had RF outputs for TV2-4 - and they were all on the same port. In other words, a micro "head-end" to fed the whole house.

AND, it used a pair of DPP inputs - with the DPP Separator built-in. In other words, only 2 RG-6 feeds with no extra hardware. Of course, a DPP44 or DPP Twin would be required.

I'd bet that this wouldn't be the like the 322/522 where you mounted it at a TV and then back fed the 2nd tuner. You would likely have this at a Distribution point and all the TVs would have a UHF remote for their individual tuner. Just my speculation.

So much for S-Video, Component Video, Toslink, etc...

There were talks of a 544 however I know of nothing actually in the works, they are still having a hard enough time getting the two tuner systems working correctly.

I do know however that both companies are working on whole house systems so that one receiver will serve the entire house.

I like SS's idea though, if he's talking about modulating all the tuner outputs onto different output channels (like VHF 3, UHF 60, 62, 64 or something). Still provide the high end outputs for TV1, and possibly TV2.

On a related note, I bought some clearanced 3-band combiners from Radio Shack and love them. :) Right now I'm only outputting on 3 (VHF Lo) and 60 (UHF).

Countdown has begun - AMC 15

What happened to the software updates?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts