Scheduler Problem in DVB Dream

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mastermesh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
Help! When I'm doing scheduled recordings in DVB Dream, I'm getting nothing but size 0 kb mpg files! Everything was fine until I tried to load that special driver that was suppossed to make dvb dream usb box work with ts reader. Now, even after uninstalling that driver and going back via the cd that came with dvb dream the scheduled recordings ain't working. I've tried uninstalling dvb dream and reinstalling it, reinstalling just the driver, updating driver via folder in cd, and everything else that I can think of. Normal hit record type recordings work fine. It's just the scheduled recordings that seem to have gone crazy. Please help. There's got to be something wrong somewhere since normal recordings are working fine, but I'm not sure what the root of the problem is or how the heck to fix it.

Now I've got all sorts of problems... Everytime I try to update the driver or reinstall nextstorm after uninstalling tsreader the driver wants to update itself to the ts reader version of the driver, and keeps asking for DTVWorks.sys on DTVWorks USB Driver Installation Disk. Is there a way to go back to the normal nextstorm driver on the cd after installing the ts reader one???? If so, how the heck do you do short of doing a lot of registry hacking and/or reinstalling the entire freaking operating system?

Even uninstalling nextstorm and reinstalling it off of the cd, on reboot, the found hardware dealy is still looking for the ts reader version of the driver.

I had to install a newer driver on my skystar card, then go to an older one, but it said that the driver was older and I coudn't use it.

Try this, go to the driver page under device manager, install from a list or specific location, then don't search, I will chose a driver to install. Pick the driver you want on the CD and it should go back to that driver.

I tried that a few times... finally got it working again by uninstalling ts completely, doing registry hacking, deleting all entries tied to ts that were left over, and reinstalling the nextstorm cd and driver a few times.... Finally got it working, but now dvb dream is having other issues. Yesterday it would record fine with scheduler if the renderless mode was off and if it wasn't minimized. Now that stuff seems to be working ok, but when it minimizes itself the icon shows up but right clicking on it just gives me a grey box, not the grey box with the options "show" etc.... there's nothing to select in the grey box so I have to alt+ctrl+delete --> end task to shut it off after a recording. I would just leave renderless and non-minimize to work around, but the problem with that is I only have a 1.5 ghz machine, so renderless and minimize to system try are good for my specs....

You can always try the Windows system restore to a date previous to all the changes. But be aware anything added after that date will not be there anymore. This has helped me to return to a working system after trying to fight a program removal that stopped other things from working.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Digital audio decoder

Blasphemous photo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts