SATWORK users, need a litle help or idea

Status
Please reply by conversation.

espima

Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Allthough, this is my first post, I have some experience with FTA and I deal pretty good with the system. I use to have a Coship 2300b, 2 moths ago I bought 2 SATWORK receivers ST3688. ( Before I read the post in this forum, particulary ICEBERG's post)

One of them is working very nice with a motorized dish, hit 5 sats,(T-5, AMC 4, SAT mex5, G-R10, AMC 1) downloaded 160 TVchannels, all FTA and 100 or more RdChannels. For This guy, first of all, I deleted the pre-installed TP at each Sat and made Blind Search, I have noticed than some TP mentioned at Lyngsat did not appear after the Blind search. Using the edit fuction "add" and include the missed TP, then that TP was scanned separated.

In the other hand the 2nd Satwork, gave me a really hard time. Both, have the same setup, but this guy shown just Level Signal, not Quality at all. The signal level is parking at 74%, with or without the coaxial wire from LNB. I know that level and quality must show 0% without LNB communication.

Trying to flash different SW version of ST3688 was not possible just gave me "failed" message. The loader version (CPU v2.02) and have no NULL serial cable. Is a cable problems? or the SW?. When you, guys, flash th SW, which version or cable use?

All the fuction, menu, games, etc work cool, the problems is: Cannot get QUALITY, means no TV channels.

Any idea? Any advise Welcome.

Hello and WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum!

If all else fails I would try to cloning the good receiver to the bad one.
Worth a try with a cloning cable...

Maybe you can make your own.....

http://www.dmsiusa.com/rs232.htm

Last edited:
I am assuming the LNB setups are the same?
And that you have the same numbers for the LNB (10750 for standard, 9750-10600 for universal)

Answer my question, please

The loader version (CPU v2.02) and have no NULL serial cable. Is a cable problems? or the SW?. When you, guys, flash th SW, which version or cable use?

:devil:

I would like to receive answer to my question, because I don't have NULL cable and whant to know if I need to buy it. Or maybe my regular serial, is damaged.

If I remember, the Satworks takes a regular cable for PC-receiver but a null modem for receiver-receiver

havent done a software upgrade in a while

I should pull mine out. It worked then it did what yours is doing then after some time it worked again. I did the flashing and it did not help. It think mine just has problems.

It is a reg cable. I should play with it again and see if it still works.

Good luck with yours.

espima said:
Allthough, this is my first post, I have some experience with FTA and I deal pretty good with the system. I use to have a Coship 2300b, 2 moths ago I bought 2 SATWORK receivers ST3688. ( Before I read the post in this forum, particulary ICEBERG's post)
One of them is working very nice with a motorized dish, hit 5 sats,(T-5, AMC 4, SAT mex5, G-R10, AMC 1) downloaded 160 TVchannels, all FTA and 100 or more RdChannels. For This guy, first of all, I deleted the pre-installed TP at each Sat and made Blind Search, I have noticed than some TP mentioned at Lyngsat did not appear after the Blind search. Using the edit fuction "add" and include the missed TP, then that TP was scanned separated.
In the other hand the 2nd Satwork, gave me a really hard time. Both, have the same setup, but this guy shown just Level Signal, not Quality at all. The signal level is parking at 74%, with or without the coaxial wire from LNB. I know that level and quality must show 0% without LNB communication.
Trying to flash different SW version of ST3688 was not possible just gave me "failed" message. The loader version (CPU v2.02) and have no NULL serial cable. Is a cable problems? or the SW?. When you, guys, flash th SW, which version or cable use?
All the fuction, menu, games, etc work cool, the problems is: Cannot get QUALITY, means no TV channels.
Any idea? Any advise Welcome.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Which DVB should I get?

twinhan g and windows media center

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)