Satellite Expo---Hotel Status

Satellite Expo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
Just finished checking the booking reports at all 5 of the official Satellite Expo 2006 hotels. The company that manages our hotel rooms also monitors the prices the hotels are charging people that are booking that do not use the Satellite Expo discount. I must say the discounts for those attending Satellite Expo 2006 are very impressive. Here is the current rates if you go to the hotels website and check the price on a room for April 18th, 2006 and are not getting the Satellite Expo discount:

Westin Atlanta Airport............ Web Price/$149...........Expo Price/$119
Hilton Atlanta Airport.............. Web Price/$209...........Expo Price/$127
Sheraton Gateway........... ......Web Price/$169...........Expo Price/$109
Embassy Suites......................Web Price/$149...........Expo Price/$119
Hilton Garden Inn....................Web Price/$179...........Expo Price/$99

All the rates quoted at the Expo price also include high speed internet (up to $12.95 per night usually) at no additional charge. I would suggest that if you plan to attend Satellite Expo 2006 you reserve your hotel rooms as soon as possible to insure you get a room at the Expo price: http://www.satelliteexpo2006.com/lodging.htm

I recommend the Embassy Suites. Pretty close to the congress center.
All the others are over at the airport, which means shuttle/walk to airport, jump on Marta, transfer at 5 points, get off a dome/CNN station. The Congress Center SUCKS for parking. Never fun.

For me, the Sat expo is a good excuse to go down and visit my father. Free room and board.
I'll just do my usual for downtown - park at Ga Tech (class of '93 :D ) and hop a quick Marta trip from there to the Congress Center, or enjoy a nice springtime stroll.

Satellite Expo 2006 is not being held at the World Congress Center, it is being held at www.GICC.com . In my opinion its MUCH nicer than the GWCC, thanks for the interest in the show

my bad :bow
Then staying at the airport is a better idea.

Makes it easier for me too, since my dad lives below the airport in Jackson

That's cool. Yeah, the GICC is a fantastic site...probably the most techno friendly, modern venues we have visited and all the hotels are within probably a mile of the show. Thanks for your support!

All our staff is booked at the Westin, most of the exhibitors are booked at the Westin as well. We have about 400 rooms blocked at the Westin and it looks like they will be the first to go. The ProBusiness Tools kick off party is there on Thursday night...that's one reason it's filling so fast.

Cheaper too...since the Kick Off Party is at the Westin...we don't have to rent the "station wagon" to haul you around in Atlanta ;)

Well, thank God, because that Station Wagon gets full fast... I think I might be staying at the Westin also... The ProBusiness Tools folks are going to throw quite a @party !!!

Thanx for the great NewsLetters, on the Expo!!! It keeps me up to date... :bow

Hey I liked the station waggon and I also liked the company in the waggon as well. :D

I think as we get closer to showtime we will open up a forum here just about the expo and hopefully the newsletters will also be posted here as well.

Hey, now that would be cool Scott!!! What would be the outcome, if you were too inebriated to sit up in that Station Wagon??? :haha oops, :shh maybe there was something here that didn't need to be said...

HD Lover needs to decide on either E* or D*?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)