samsung sir360

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fleetmack

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
Westminster, CO (North Denver)
how do you tell if this has all the software updates or not? mine is having major issues lately .... 1/2 the channels say "information not available" ... once in awhile the "guide" screen freezes for 2 or 3 minutes ... and a few other minor problems. trying to figure out if it's going bad or just not up to date. i've only had it like 15 months or so...

The latest firmware revision was in July should be 1.2.35

Can go into Menu, System, System Upgrades to see what is your latest firmware.

yeah i reset it and it works fine for a day or so -- but it gets old sitting there waiting for the 3-4 minute reboot.

i'll check the build tonight, thanks for the info.... should I need an update, how do I go about getting it?

Updates are auto sent via the satellite, so as long as you are connected it will come down assuming the update is still in the stream (aka signal). If someone in the know has that answer, they will post it here for you. If the update has been removed for some reason, you might have to call the tech line at DirecTV and explain to them your receiver doesn't have the latest firmware mentioned above; that it is "acting up", and you would like to know what to do it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Houston Installers?

HD Receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)