s-video output from hughes stb

Status
Please reply by conversation.

oregonbrewed

Original poster
Apr 9, 2005
this may be a dumb question but i am at a loss concerning connecting my hughes stb to windows xp mce 2005 w/ s-video. i can not get a tv signal on my pc monitor, but i can if i just use a coax connection. is there something else i can try to get the s-video to work or do i need a different stb. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
oregonbrewed

Is that s-video connection on your PC an IN or an OUT? or better yet what video card is it? Do you setup your PC to auto-detect when the video ports are hot or do you have to do it manually?

s-video on pc is an in (wintv 150 mce card) and i have tried both ways to detect the s-video connection.

no that is something i have not tried..i am currently at work so i am trying to get ideas on what to try next...thanks for the welcome

Your Welcome, lots of info here... I have used Ati cards so I have played a little bit with Video in... :) and if you can be sure it is outputting s-video then plug into same, also double check your software settings... if you have not already, you may try inputting the svhs signal, and then reload the software or try windows new hardware first...

Correct, its either a software setting or the s-video is mistakenly an IN, but I would assume you know that part which leaves us at a software setting.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ok Gang... I am coming to the D* (ark side)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)