RV Waiver and home receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

makman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I have a pop up trailer that I would like to install a dish on. If I get DTV, I would want to use one of my 2 in house receivers when we use the trailer, bringing it with us when travelling. It would be used in our house at other times. Would we get distant nets on the one receiver that we take in and out at all times? What about the other receiver on the account?

Thanks

Mitch

Yes, you would get distant networks. Some people have reported that other receivers on the account will also get the distant networks.

Ok,the one receiver would get it. Anyone know more about the second, non travelling receiver? The DTV site is confusing about the issue. Can they put services on only one receiver if both will be in the house (except when on is intermittently in the trailer)?

Mitch

makman said:
Ok,the one receiver would get it. Anyone know more about the second, non travelling receiver? The DTV site is confusing about the issue. Can they put services on only one receiver if both will be in the house (except when on is intermittently in the trailer)?

Mitch

You're not supposed to get it on both receivers, but some people get lucky and get the distants on all their receivers.

I have a travel trailer and was going to do the same thing to get the distant channels . D* told me I would have to call them everytime I wanted the receiver turned on in the trailer and at that time All other receivers on my account would be turned off untill I called back to turn off trailer receiver.
hope this helps

chewy said:
I have a travel trailer and was going to do the same thing to get the distant channels . D* told me I would have to call them everytime I wanted the receiver turned on in the trailer and at that time All other receivers on my account would be turned off untill I called back to turn off trailer receiver.
hope this helps

That's ridiculous. What happens if only some people in the family travel?

Did you do it?

Mitch

If you all ready subscribe to the local channels, does DTV make you pay for the distance networks as well?
Thanks, Scott

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Maybe a Silly Question

New Directv Subscriber

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)