RV Mounting a 1.2 dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mbarnes

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I've got a great push up mast arrangement for my E* 18" dish, usually takes <5 minutes to set up. I'd like to look into taking a 1.2 dish on the road, especially if I ever get an FTA receiver. But I need some ideas on setting up some kind of mount for it. I can't put anything up on the roof. I'd like to have something that maybe folds down or up from the back, with the dish backed up to the back wall when traveling. Weight is always a consideration.

Thanks for any ideas.

I have no personal experience with this, but I've been wondering this question myself....

I was thinking that maybe a mast in a receiver hitch would keep the dish tight against the RV. Bungee cord it to the body while driving and put 2 tent stakes out as guy wires when parked.

You'd have limited movement left/right and you'd have to park facing north... Unless the mast telescoped above the roof... ;-)

Dunno, my random thoughts.

"For some reason, a >$3500 motorized dish hooked to a <$200 receiver just doesn't work for me"

That dish is with a GPS-controlled receiver that automatically finds the satellite and provides internet service, which will also cost about $100 a month.

The fold-up mount is what I was talking about which lays the dish down on the LNBF arm for travel. Something similar with a folding mounting pole and folding LNBF arm shouldn't be too difficult to fabricate.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pansat locking up

FTa getting AMC 4 for RTPi (Help)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)