RV King Dome connection to Dish network

DakotaCurt

Original poster
Jun 4, 2017
Spearfish, SD
I recently purchased a RV with a roof mounted in-motion King Dome satellite. I already own a model 311K Dish receiver. Is it possible to this system, or will I need a different receiver? Thanks

The 311 is an SD, MPEG-2 only receiver. It will not work on the Eastern Arc. I'm not sure they will activate it for use on the Western Arc.

Discontinued long ago.

You might be ahead to go with a Wally.

I am not familiar with the King Dome LNB, but I believe they are mostly used with DirecTV. Even if you got a new style LNB, it might not work with a King Dome.

There are some self aiming antennas available.

If it's the one I think you have, it can be configured for SD with Directv either using 101 or 101/119 only.

Or you can do dish with HD with 119/110/129

Some of them will do eastern arc also with 61.5/72/77

There is a dip switch inside the unit to switch providers.

Usually these units will default to DIRECTV 101 from the factory.

There is a single LNB inside the unit. When you switch channels to a different satellite the dish will literally move to lock on.

Unless your on Directv at 101, you can only support 1 tv at a time.

BTW the 311 you have is garbage. Get a 211 or Wally. They are fairly inexpensive these days. For what you paid for your RV, spend $50-$70 for a good HD receiver if your using this with Dish.

BTW, I think these units are just a 12 volt power supply and coax to the receiver.

It should start the searching process when you first power it on.

Some of the older ones have a serial cable, at which point you might as well junk the receiver because it's almost impossible to get a Dish or Directv receiver with a serial port that can be activated these days.

Directv may still have some, dish it would be a model 3000/4000/5000 which have been obsolete for years

Dish Hopper 4 losing network connection

Pathway x2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)