Rotating the SuperDish System

Makdafi

Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
I was just wondering how to rotate my satellite( I was thinking manually) to a different degree, its on 105 W.L i wanted to rotate to 110? Also where can you purchase those satellites where you can pick up free programming(the big old version) like for instance picking up galaxy? Thanks

Also I forgot to ask on channel 7000 it shows the reading of Congratulations! You have a SuperDISH system pointed at 105 degrees, just wondering if I went outside and rotated it would the screen show the change in degree?

To clarify the language, you have a dish, not a satellite. A satellite is a hundred-million-dollar piece of equipment orbiting 20,000 miles from Earth. A dish is used to pick up the signal from a satellite.

I don't know if you are talking about hacking or not so I shall not answer your question. When someone is talking about "free programming," they are usually talking about hacking.

I was talking about the "dishes" or whatever you want to call them that people bought in the 70's and 80's (basically the norm) when all you had to have was a big dish to get programming.

And if you are indeed talking about a SuperDish, specifically the SuperDish-105, it should just be pointed to one azimuth for your location, where it simultaneously picks up the 119, 110, and 105 orbital locations.

Since your receiver shows you the 105 slate, it is most likely pointed correctly and you should already be getting 110. If you aren't getting 110, check your "check switch" screen and then run the test from that screen.

"Big Dish" or C-Band systems are still available. Look in the yellow pages under satellite and find someone who still list C-Band in their ad. Your other option is to look around your area for someone who still has a C-Band dish in their yard. More often than not, it is no longer used, and most would be happy to get rid of it.

IP Video Equipment

Dish Receivers Left Behind

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)