Robert, Help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hoadia

Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
I am the local retailer and can't answer this question. Direct is giving me the run around as well. More and more potential subs are asking for multiple HD DVR's and Direct is saying to retailers, so sad to bad, only one HD DVR activation per year. This is starting to loose customers big time, while E* is saying, how many do you want. I can't tell potential's that the 921 sucks and not much hope for the 622.

Customer:

""I have a DISH 1000, 5000, 6000, DVR510, & DVR921 (the 921 locks up and no longer displays 9 day guide & many other problems). Customer support at DISH is now worthless. Yeah we are aware of the problem, upgrade coming soon, never happens, equipment discontinued and no longer supported, but we will upgrade you to yet another problematic receiver or DVR for $100."

"DirecTV says they can only sell one HD DVR per year and after several discussions with supervisors came up with a configuration that would cost me $750+. What I would like is two DirecTV HD DVR’s, one standard def DVR, and two D11 receivers. Why can’t DirecTV quote this at a reasonable price, can you do any better, Purchase, lease or otherwise? I want the TC Premier Pak but Directv says, not interested in my business? What is wrong with this business model??""

Closing:

I agree, people in 1m$ homes can't order two HD DVR's from Direct? Comcast now advertising a bundle including two HD DVR's. Even I can't compete with this crap. I think the new D* policy of everyone is assumed a looser / lease only, is going to kill business from here on out.

Last edited:
Contact Retail Services at Directv if you are a dealer and talk to them I will guess the answer will be lease the customer 1 HD DVR for $499 and they will take care of the customers other needs after they are active customers. You really only make money for aquiring the customer so selling more than 1 receiver dosen't really gain you much under the new lease scenario.

Independent dealers can sell up to 6 of any type or receiver/DVR. DIRECTV directly is limited in what they can offer for new activations. So call us so we can set up the customer and pay a finders fee and a lucrative installation fee.

-Robert

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Directv lease

Should I Switch to DirecTV?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)