Right or wrong?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pioneer

Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
Hello All

Normally I can get the answers I need by reading posts and have been trying, so I apologize if I missed the answer.
I am trying to help my nephew set up an fta. His setup is a Coolsat 4000 pro, fortec 33” dish and fortec universal lnb fsku-v and a motor that I don’t have specs at the moment. I understand what we need is quality level. We tried last night and we got signal level of 90% even if we had our hand in front of the lnb. Is that a lnb setting problem or is it normal? And if I may also ask, we are at zip 95350. Should we be going for Galaxy 10r as true south?

Thanks in advance. I’m sure we can do this I just want to make sure we have a good start.

Yes, it is normal to have signal level no matter what you are pointed at. Quality is what is needed. For true south it is actually Echostar at 121. If you have an old DBS (Dish Network etc.) LNB you could put that on and use it to aim for true south and take it off to set up the other birds. If you do just be careful to get the highest signal you can before locking everything down so you know you are right on it. Otherwise you could probably use G10 R.

Also, since you have a Coolsat, take a look at my walkthrough. It is for an SG2100 but still should help.

http://www.pbase.com/wtracyparnell/coolsat_4000_prosg2100

Status
Please reply by conversation.

azmuith

please help with set-up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)