Revue with 922, what to do?

DVDDAD

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Huntington, Long Island, NY
I would like to get a Google TV Revue to use with my 922. I understand that right now some funtions might not be supported yet. What would I lose without Dish's support?

Could I order a Revue from Dish (I have a 722 and 622) and use that Revue with my 922? If not, if I got a Revue at full price and hooked it up to my 922, would the features that are missing be available when Dish finally supports them?

Well I can answer part. Yes you can order if you have a 722. I did this and gave it to my mom for Christmas.

It will work, as it does with other receivers (my mom is using with comcast). I'm not sure what integration does as I haven't used that way.

And here's an entry on the Logitech blog made by Asish Arora, VP and GM Digital Home Group that says all is well. And in direct contradiction to what some articles have claimed he says Logitech will be demonstrating the Revue and Google TV at CES.

All's Well with Logitech Revue

And getting back on topic my Revue works fine with my 922. The only thing integration provides is the ability for Revue to search you recordings and video on demand.

Well geez, people are so quick to point out the negative that when it's refuted they just want to ignore it like nothing was said...

Anyway, I just setup the Revue with my 922 last night. When you select Dish Network it will bring up a list of receiver models, 922 won't be listed, you have to go to the next screen and search for it. I think I entered in "vip922" and it matched it up. The Revue controls the receiver pretty well, about as fast as using the DISH RF remote. (I normally use a IR universal remote which seems to process commands slower.) However, I find myself wanting to hit the "Exit" command on the remote to clear out menus or the guide to go back to full screen video. Hitting the back button on the Revue keyboard issues the back Revue command instead of the Exit DISH command and takes you back to the last thing you were doing on the Revue. I'd like to figure out some way of mapping that to maybe the ESC key or something.

508 for 222k Dual

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)